Any one know more on this modle of century?

Asked by Sep 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM about the 1984 Buick Century

I long ago sold my old century. Been tring to find another to buy back but cant find any details on it. It was a 1984. It had a "limited" plate around the trunk lock. Crome luggage rack on the trunk. It was a 2-door coupe with a thick padded leather rag-top. It was sky blue and the rag-top was a midnight blue. None of the pics i googled even come close to what i had. Any one have any clue?

320

Have an '87 Sedan which is a Limited with luggage rack and Limited Package, leather interior and console shift.

320

And the interior........

This pic is the closest i found. It lacks the luggage rack on the trunk. The seats were covered in a velvet/fleece like fabric and the seats were sooo plush and comfortable. The gear shift was on the floor with a combo arm rest/tape holder. I dont know why this car is soo hard to look up. was it rare?

320

The rarity lies in the car being a coupe. Very few were sold in that body style and the ones that were (like the sedans) were driven until worn out leaving very few around in good shape.

10,005

The special top would have been added later on by an aftermarket provider- they are called "simcon" tops- short for simulated convertible tops, and typically cost between 1200-1500 to put on.

45

it was a century "designer" series-just saw one like it in canadaigua ny- had the chrome rack on the trunk deck and the entire top had the faric coating- top and rack were stock from buick