car starts but wont stay running

105

Asked by Jun 15, 2010 at 04:42 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier

my 93 z24 starts,but won't stay running.  it is definitely something to do with the cahrging system.  had 2 alternators and a battery checked.  both were fine.  the battery light and abs light come on and then if i hit the brake or turn the radio or lights on, the car shuts off. any ideas as to what it could be??????

105

possibly corroded wires or a broke wire somewhere? maybe a bad fuse, check all of ur fuses

105

wires seem good, fuses are good. any other ideas?

Hey Chris any luck with your car just shutting down on you? I also am having the same issue with my 1991.

105

turns out i had to rewire my alternator. The wires were spliced and one of the conections came loose. Check your voltage and see where its at. Mine was around 23 volts. Definately check your grounds first and work your way back. It may also be that the battery is not taking the charge.

Thanks, I will check that.