Have you driven a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime 20 reviews.

Robert writes:
Overall:

Excellent as advertised. Driving is fun. It is good value considering $7500 tax deductions on this car.

Find a new Toyota RAV4 Prime near you
Zip:
MSRP: $40,300 Invoice:$37,883 Search Toyota dealers to find exactly the car you want.
Mkinetic writes:
Overall:

A bit pricey for its class. Overall good specs for a plug in hybrid.

Guru9SQ7P2 writes:
Overall:

I had to fly out of state to get this car. It was worth the trip. Very technologically advanced. I hope it proves to be as reliable as every other Toyota I’ve owned. I have never owned an SUV and I’m loving the ease of getting in and out. Feels like a solid car. Loving the high mileage and using zero gas for my commute.

Paul writes:
Overall:

About five years ago the company I work for installed free EV chargers in several parking garages.At that time I thought it sure would be nice if some one would build a plug in hybrid SUV that would Go 50 miles on a charge. My round trip commute. It had to be able to tow at least 2000 pounds.,and had to have a spare tire..It had to look reasonably good and be able to get out of its own way.Toyota read my mind but it took five years to engineer it. The RAV4 prime GSX in supersonic red exceeds all my expectations.Miles ahead of the competition. I was only half mile into the test drive when I said “I am buying this car.”Its not the flying car I was promised in the twentieth century,but it’s the closest you will get today.zero to 60 in 5.4 seconds and 104 MPH in the quarter mile not bad for a grocery getter.I don’t know when the first flying car will hit the showroom floor,but I guarantee it will have a Toyota emblem above the grill. It has every bell and whistle imaginable, The 6.6 kw charger is a must have, only available on the GSX. I t lists for 49k and change but who cares almost no maintenance needed.If you live where electric rates are low and commute 50 miles or less you won’t be buying much gas. I have only used an eight of a tank in 750 miles ,at that rate I will get 6,000 miles on my first tank .The only negative I have is the charger cord supplied is a bit lame.It takes over 12 hours to get a full charge .You will have to spend some money to get a cord capable of the promised quick charge,and have someone qualified to wire a 50 amp 240 volt circuit in your garage. It’s no surprise it was Car and Drivers Editors Choice.Only test drive it if you can afford it,because you will want it for sure!

John writes:
Overall:

The RAV4 Prime SE has met or exceeded my expectations for features, performance, and economy. The electric range around town is great and easily exceeds 50 miles depending on driving conditions. The acceleration is better than I expected using only the electric motors. The gas-only fuel economy at 75 to 80 MPH was over 30 MPG driving from Los Angeles to Mesquite on the first road trip. The size, comfort, and versatility are just what I needed to haul a lot of gear for kitesurfing/camping trips. The adaptive cruise is great on road trips and useful around town. One disappointment was the lack of one-foot driving. Using the transmission to downshift simulates this to an extent, but it cancels cruise control. The SE lacks paddle regen that is found on the XSE. Pressing the brake peddle does cause regen as indicated on the driving gauge, so the efficiency is there. The lane centering works pretty well on freeways as long as you are not in the right lane where exits confuse it. I find it uncomfortable to pass close to semitrucks using lane centering. It wont follow around sharper turns (like canyons) and it doesnt always sense the light touch of your hand on the wheel. This causing warnings and cancellations. Gripping tighter or with more weight on the wheel causes accidental overrides. Still, it is more useful than not on highways once you get used to it. Integration with Android Auto is nice for navigation, but requires connection via USB making it less useful for running short errands where you have to constantly connect and disconnect your phone. Aftermarket wireless connections are being developed, but are not available yet (8/2021). My other car is a 2012 Chevy Volt, so Im very familiar with plug-in hybrids. The RAV4 is better in most ways compared to the Volt with more range, more power, more comfort, and more tech features. Still, the Volt remains my daily driver around town even after 175K miles.

John writes:
Overall:

Only had this for a few hours but I quickly learned how nice it is to drive a quiet vehicle that runs on battery power. At some point Ill need to try it with the gasoline engine running.

A writes:
Overall:

Too heavy, and noisy ride. Luxury car price, but cheap plastic interior. Will not hold value at these high prices. Waste of money.

Guru9Y3FND writes:
Overall:

Impressed with this model but not willing to wait 14 months to purchase due to supply shortages

Guru94KLFD writes:
Overall:

Good looking rav4 prime i love it ok

Guru9C5HG5 writes:
Overall:

Ive only had it a few days so its a bit early to tell. The only things it should really have is a right-hand rear view mirror that dips down when you put it in reverse so you can see the curb when doing a parallel park, and also parking sensors. I dont understand why these things arent included in a $40k car.

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime 20 reviews.

2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime Reviews

Review By trigama

To all the idiots paying 50%+ over msrp, GAP insurance will not cover anything over msrp plus tax and licensing. All the dealers in AZ are saying that the Primes are alloted to CA and Ha. Total bs Read More

Review By Guru98C1XJ

Best plug in all wheel hybrid on the market today. Because of demand and shortage on the West coast prices are higher than on the East coast! Read More

RAV4 Prime

Looking for a Used RAV4 Prime in your area?

CarGurus has 459 nationwide RAV4 Prime listings starting at $40,072.

Have you driven a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime?