Have you driven a 2014 Toyota Tacoma?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2014 Toyota Tacoma 20 reviews.

1CountryChick writes:
Overall:

I don’t own a 2014 Toyota Tacoma yet but I think they hold their value the best, they make out better in an accident and the back up camera is in the dash instead of the rear view mirror.

Tacoma

Looking for a Used Tacoma in your area?

CarGurus has 28,413 nationwide Tacoma listings starting at $2,999.

Dan writes:
Overall:

Very nice pickup, excellent condition with all the features I was looking for and reasonably priced.

GuruC8RT2 writes:
Overall:

All-around truck. All aspects are well-served. Fantastic vehicle. Power, handling and excellent brakes. No bargain but theres a reason why demand is present.

2014 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4WDReview
pickupman writes:
Interior Noise:
Long Trips:
Off-Road:
Safety:
Weight:
Overall:

Americans Want Bigger Economy Trucks To The Point There Is No Longer Economy Trucks That Get 30 Mpg —

It's like riding on a cloud compared to my 94 Toyota pickup that I still have. When I heard they wasn't making a 2015 Toyota with a regular cab, I went to the dealer and actually got a nice price on a new one that wasn't even made yet. It was very hard to find a regular cab in the color I wanted, just being super white. Sure I desire the Spruce Mica color but not an option in the regular cab, or in 2015. I was told it would get 20 mpg so I am at least doing a few mpg's better than that. The bed is deeper and wider than it used to be. The 4wd works very nice and easy to use. The standard transmission shift very easy and smooth. It is my absolute dream vehicle, I do wish Americans hadn't demanded so much wanting it bigger and more luxurious making it heavy and not able to get the gas mileage the older pickups used to get but it still does pretty good on gas and drives and rides better than I could have ever imagined. When I check the private party book value, it suppose to be worth 1000 more than I paid, although I did work the price and I figured the dealer was lying saying they lost money on the deal. I do know as far as trucks go they hold their value the very best of all trucks and I would highly recommend this truck.

Pros: I was amazed how well it handles, drives and looks. It's quiet, reliable, dependable, and sits up pretty high.

Cons: It is wider and heavier than past model Toyota's cannot get the gas mileage they used to.

2014 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab SBReview
robet writes:
Towing:
Overall:

Basic Tacoma. They Improve A Little Every Year. — The cabin feels open for it's size. I drive easy and regularly get 23-25 miles a gallon in mixed driving. The roll up windows were easy to get used to on the driver side though I miss a passenger side toggle. If the key is lost it costs $5.00 instead of $125 for my old Tundra. The bedliner is a nice blend of smooth and tough.

Pros: The ride has improved over previous Tacomas and the steering is less vague.  Regularly average 23-25 MPG though I don't rip around. Roll up windows were surprisingly easy to go back to and if I lose the key it cost $5.00 to replace instead of $150. for my Tundra.

Cons: The space behind the seat.  Touch screen radio.

jmanuel writes:
Towing:
Overall:

2014 Taco — Nothing but great things about this truck, from he steering wheel all the way to the tires everything is just so perfected. My dog loves it easy for him to jump in and out of it. im going to tell everyone to get one

Pros: i love this truck best truck ever

Cons: Everything is great about this truck

Justin1987 writes:
Towing:
Overall:

Great All Around — The truck with a TRD Sport package creates a very friendly street driving truck. The quad cab offers comfortable room for four. But you still have a bed for hauling and a tow package which is included in the TRD Sport option. It has stiffer springs and a 9-point body frame verse a conventional box style frame. This offers massively improved handling.

Pros: Good power, and with a TRD sport package a great all around truck. And available in a 6-speed manual.

Cons: fuel econ. isn't the best

Roderick writes:
Towing:
Overall:

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Trd Sport — Love the rugged looks and you can't beat the resale value. Would have loved it more with a nicer interior and bigger back seat and cabin space. I've added quite a lot of upgrades such as 3 inch lift, Fuel Trophy 17 Wheels with 33 inch tires, Leer 180 Camper Shell, NFab Side Steps, PIAA lights for the front and back with front and rear light bar and bumper guards.

Pros: Needed the truck for so we can bring our dog along with us without having the whole car stink.  Great off road/outdoor vehicle and love the way it looks after a few modifications.

Cons: Small back seat and very outdated interior design.  For the money it doesn't have a lot of features in it's price range such as leather, climate control air conditioning, keyless start etc.

2014 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab SBReview
Tom writes:
Towing:
Overall:

There Is A Reason Tacomas Hold Their Value — This is my third Tacoma and the best one yet. I was going to wait for the 2016 redesign but there are too many changes and a first year model needs to be beta tested. Maybe a lease would work but I would say there will be no deals on the new model for a long time. Judging from the last redesign Tacomas STILL hold their value. I don;t think the Colorado holds a candle to a Tacoma. I tried one out and it "feels" like a GM car. Like something is going to fall off it. It will be nice to have competition for Toyota in the small truck market though. Even if it's GM. The only GM car I would own is a Corvette that I would not drive often

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Pros: This is my third Tacoma. This one has all the things I was missing as far as tech goes. Back up camera, BT Excellent JBL System. The Sport rides like a Cadillac. Much smoother than my TRD Off Road.

Cons: As always Fuel Mileage is poor. Maybe the new 16s will be better but I won't buy a first year redesign. Another con is there is no way to move the seat UP or Down.

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab SB V6 4WD Review
N1nja says:
Drove this truck. On the highway I was very shocked to see how smooth the driveway was. I liked how well it took to the turns. I was very surprised how the drive didnt affect the gas mileage at all. When I drove on dirt it wasnt too rough but it gave me an enjoyable ride.
vs2015 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 TRD Pro
  • Cargo Capacity
  • Family Car
  • Value
  • Would Buy
Family Car Ranked 2015 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 TRD Pro worse.
"Theres really not much of a difference. Other than the 2015 has more features. "
Would Buy Ranked 2015 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 TRD Pro worse.
"Well the 2015 TRD pro is a lot pricier than the 2014."

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2014 Toyota Tacoma 20 reviews.

2022 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Review By Guru9DGLWB

Very nice looking truck good fuel economy no blind spots all controls at arms reach and you have the Toyota reliability and good resale value Read More

2021 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Review By Guru94357T

The car is good conditions tacoma TRD Pro 2021 Read More

Review By Guru9HBJ4Q

Best looking, top quality, switched from Ford trucks years ago. Will always buy Tacoma. Read More

2020 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Review By Philip

missing the map the fog lights and GED light other than that its great Read More

Review By CSJL4LIFE

The Toyota Tacoma TRD off road model is the best in its class. It’s a little more expensive than other models in its class but it’s definitely worth it. The performance, looks, interior features and ... Read More

2019 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Review By Guru9HJ3PV

Over priced used market right now. Vehicle is great. Read More

Review By J

Toyota Tacoma Truck...solid driving and reliable! I have one and I get around 20mpg. I tow and with the V6 it does a great job......Ive had NO mechanical issues. this is a great truck. Read More

2018 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Review By Alex

I didnt expect a truck to drive so smoothly but i am in love with the truck. Read More

Review By 11chico11

it seems I can build and buy a new truck for just a couple thousand $so I more-would not buy a 3-4 year old truck for the price they are looking for-if they can get that price more power to them Read More

Tacoma

Looking for a Used Tacoma in your area?

CarGurus has 28,413 nationwide Tacoma listings starting at $2,999.

Have you driven a 2014 Toyota Tacoma?