2013 Hyundai Elantra Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2013 Hyundai Elantra against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

Have you driven a 2013 Hyundai Elantra?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2013 Hyundai Elantra 20 reviews.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS Sedan FWDReview
Brian writes:
Overall:

Great Practical Car — I've enjoyed the car and it's run perfectly with no problems. I average in the low 30's for MPG's. The car was a lease with a low payment and the low payment is a result of Hyundai's improved status in the automotive landscape and stronger resale value.

Pros: One of the top values on the road in the commuter car class, good looking, gets top safety ratings (important for a family man) and gets good MPG's.

Cons: Not overly exciting to drive but very functional

Elantra

Looking for a Used Elantra in your area?

CarGurus has 18,485 nationwide Elantra listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Deborah writes:
Overall:

Awsome! — I purchased this vehicle as a commuter car, and also took in on several long trips. The interior is laid out very nice, driver friendly and very comfortable. It's exterior is also very attractive, and I have received numerous compliments on it. I have found no negatives about this vehicle. I have been impressed with it since I rented one, then purchased one. This vehicle has exceeded my expectations, in all aspects.

Pros: This is a great commuter or long trip vehicle.  It's comfortable and handles great on the highway, in the mountains and in town.  Fuel economy improves with age.  It's a great car!

Cons: Haven't experienced any.

steve_b8 writes:
Overall:

Great Car — I love the gas mileage. There is a lot of room inside and also the trunk. Very reliable vehicle. The vehicle is also very stylish. It looks good on the road and handles great. The Elantra is also great in the snow.

Pros: Car gets great gas mileage.  38 to 40 MPG

Cons: Small engine.  Not alot of power, but with a compact you shouldnt expect much.

2013 Hyundai ElantraReview
lbmonteros writes:
Overall:

Disappointed —

I bought it from a rental company with 30,000 miles. I have driven it 6,000 and already had the transmission replaced and a software update after getting a P2096 error code. I bought this car for its relatively roomy interior, reliability, and gas milege. It is obviously NOT reliable, and the mileage is only 2 mpg better than I got on my 1999 Camry, about 25.5 mpg. In addition, the ride is so rough I had the suspension checked, but the dealer says it's OK. My car did not come with a spare tire, only that silly goo kit, so I told the salesman I wouldn't buy it without one. He purchased one out of his own pocket, but the manufacturer should provide it. I like the layout of the dashboard and the driver's seat fits my 4'10" height well. The child carseat attaches easily. I drive my toddler grandson about 200 miles/week, so that's important, but of course with a toddler I also need reliability. It handles relatively well, but not as well as my old Camry, and the acceleration is slow. It seems to have to "kick in", almost like a stick shift, even when the car is going at an already high speed. Braking is good,. Frankly, after owning this car for three months/6,000 miles, I would not purchase a Hyundai again.

Pros: Nice interior, roomy for the size oif the car.  Backseat fits a large toddler carseat well.  Seats are comfortable, dash has an eassy-to-use layout.  Good climate control.

Cons: Mileage is terrible, transmission was replaced at 36,000, very rough ride, does not come with a spare tire.

Susan writes:
Daily Commute:
Warranty:
Overall:

Great Price For All That You Get — Great price for an amazing car. I also purchased the extended, bumper- to-bumper warranty for an additional $1,200. Which is well worth it since I also purchased the tech. Package, and the extended warranty covers any defects with the tech. Package as well. Great color, inside and out. I got leather seats and it has heated seats in the front and back.Great ride with good pickup for a sedan. In would highly recommend it to anyone.

Pros: color, handling, tech. package, extended warranty

Cons: none so far

DBear326 writes:
Overall:

Nice Small Car — I like how it handled compared to the civic I had previously driven. Interior quality seemed better with more soft touch materials. I liked the options included for the price which was cheaper than the civic I drove by a little more than $1500.

Pros: Stylish, good power, nice fit and finish, interior seemed higher quality with soft touch materials.

Cons: Always would use more power.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS Sedan FWDReview
gerhartg writes:
Overall:

Reliable At A Low Price — I like the look of the car, its reliable, great gas mileage and probably the lowest price. It's a great value. But it's not the fastest car on the block. I prefer a hatchback for added utility but got a used sedan instead because of the price and availability.

Pros: I like the look of the car, its reliable and probably the lowest price.  I bought it for $11,900 so ts a great value.

Cons: It's not the fastest car on the block.

Redleg70 writes:
Daily Commute:
Parking:
Weight:
Overall:

A Feature Rich Fun And Economical Ride — I will write a review in 6 months as I have only 1,000 miles on it to date. So far, it is exactly the car I expected. The quality of the interior/exterior and attention to detail to create the image and brand of the fluidic sculpture is exceptional. It is a very fun car to drive. It is a little "nervous" on moderate to severe bumps but the steering is very responsive. I have achieved 38-40 miles per gallon on our move to Florida. I consistently realize 28-32 mpg in stop and go traffic.

Pros: I will write a review in 6 months as I have only 1,000 miles on it to date. 5/28/14 I know have 11,250 miles on the Elantra. Has performed very well. No issues - No repairs needed other than scheduled maintenance.

Cons: I will write a review in 6 months as I have only 1,000 miles on it to date.5/29/14. NONE

2013 Hyundai Elantra Review
Landon says:
I wrecked mine but got fixed wonderful car other than front end
vs2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2LT Crew Cab RWD
  • Cargo Capacity
  • Family Car
  • Value
  • Would Buy
Looks/Style Ranked 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2LT Crew Cab RWD worse.
"IDK"
Cargo Capacity Ranked 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2LT Crew Cab RWD better.
"Silverado has a BED Elantra has a trunk"
2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited Sedan FWD Review
  • Cargo Capacity
  • Family Car
  • Value
  • Would Buy
Cargo Capacity Ranked 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited Sedan FWD worse.
"Both cars are identical"

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2013 Hyundai Elantra 20 reviews.

2021 Hyundai Elantra Reviews

Review By Guru9YP74N

The features are great, they work well when driving and definitely makes the car worth it. Read More

2020 Hyundai Elantra Reviews

Review By Errine

I think this model should come with push button start. We also did not get a keyless fob from the dealer. We have to buy one ourselves. Read More

Review By Guru9XPPZB

I bought it , staff was amazing , everything was great . Read More

2019 Hyundai Elantra Reviews

Review By Tia.

The features on this car are very cool and exciting love the safety features and the interior and exterior lighting and also the color. This car is a great value. This car isnt missing anything it ha... Read More

Review By Dymond

It was in my price range. I asked a tow driver who is also a mechanic and he stated that he rarely towed them or worked on them so I guess that would make them pretty reliable. Read More

2018 Hyundai Elantra Reviews

Review By GuruS7BT2

I really like this car. Prior to this I had a 2006 Honda Civic that I kept for bought new and drove for 16 years. This car was in practically new condition. Only 28,000 miles. I love the way it ha... Read More

Review By Kishan401

A perfect car if you’re looking for value. It has features no other car can match at that price point. I got the 2018 Hyundai Elantra Value edition 13700miles for $12480! If you look at a similarly s... Read More

2017 Hyundai Elantra Reviews

Review By Guru9TCKZZ

Reliable car. Very close to Honda Accord. Very good value Read More

Review By Guru9THSNF

The 2017 model has some nice upgrades compared with the previous generation. Different front appearance. It also has a better gas mileage and a more sophisticated entertainment system. I would have lo... Read More

Elantra

Looking for a Used Elantra in your area?

Have you driven a 2013 Hyundai Elantra?