2011 Toyota Prius Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2011 Toyota Prius against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

Have you driven a 2011 Toyota Prius?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2011 Toyota Prius 20 reviews.

2011 Toyota Prius Review
I loved my Toyota Prius, the gas mileage was absolutely amazing. You feel as though you sit low to the ground and the cars doesnt take bumps as well as a Cadillac or a Lexus. But thats not what Prius was designed for, it was designed economically and ecologically-friendly. I had the Prius 3 with Navigation, solar roof & moon roof upgrades. The Prius sadly wasnt the greatest in the snow, I live in Michigan & during the winter it wasnt the easiest to drive since it sits so low to the ground and doesnt have much torque to get you out of slushy spots. However my experience with my Prius was overall very good in the 6 years that I owned it. I put 70k miles on it and never experienced any mechanical problems.
vs2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
  • Cargo Capacity
  • Family Car
  • Value
  • Would Buy
Power Ranked 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited better.
"The engine is a V-6 compared to the Prius 4 cylinder. The wrangler has much more power than the Toyota Prius."
Handling Ranked 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited worse.
"The Toyota Prius takes curves at high speeds better than the wrangler. This is due to its aerodynamic design, and smaller size."
Looks/Style Ranked 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited better.
"The wrangler has a certain nostalgia and finesse in its rugged body style."
Front Seats Ranked 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited better.
"The wrangler and the Prius both have very nice front seats. The Prius you have a very open windshield and you sit low to the ground. The wrangler you have a wide but shorter windshield but you sit up higher so it doesnt effect your view of the road at all."
Back Seats Ranked 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited better.
"There really wasnt too much of a difference between the back seats in the Prius compared to the wrangler. Both are very spacious."
Cargo Capacity Ranked 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited better.
"The wrangler has more space in the back for large items. However the Prius is also spacious for its small size due to the hatchback design and the fact that you can fold the back seats down."
Family Car Ranked 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited worse.
"This would be a better family car, its more economical in aspects of gas mileage and crash test safety ratings."
Value Ranked 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited worse.
"The Prius is a well-rated good little car that will take you places with amazing gas mileage. I only would fill up my gas tank once a week and I commuted to another city for my job 5 days out of the week. *side note: the Prius has a 10 gallon gas tank and I averaged about 48 mpg."
Would Buy Ranked 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited better.
"I would buy the wrangler unlimited over the Prius just because I am looking for a vehicle with four wheel drive and towing capacity. I had an amazing experience with my Prius and potentially would purchase a Toyota brand car in the future!"
Prius

Looking for a Used Prius in your area?

CarGurus has 5,322 nationwide Prius listings starting at $1,994.

2011 Toyota PriusReview
Bjorkast writes:
Long Trips:
Safety:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Sucks Just Like Very Other Toyota —

My husband & I share his car but I avoid driving it at all cost! We live in an area where it is 98 degrees one day & a blizzard the next, so when it comes to how a car handles in all types of weather we're pros- however, the Prius isn't. It slides in the rain and cannot handle icy conditions at all; causing it to fish tail all over the road and it is very difficult to handle. During an heavy ice storm, my husband slid & had a head on collision with a telephone pole( totaling the Pruis). During this time, he said he had to white knuckle the steering wheel & brace himself because the seat belt never locked up! Upon impact, the air bags never went off even though the sensors are at the front of the car. Had it not been for his quick thinking, whose to say he wouldn't have flown through the windshield or worse? Even the officer on duty told him he thought it was a fatality upon arriving at the scene because of how poorly the car crumpled like a pop can. Although this vehicle offers a lot of space and is great on gas mileage it is overall a huge disappointment.

Pros: Other than getting great gas mileage, I hate this car!

Cons: When my husband was in a head on collision with a telephone pole during an ice storm, the seat belt never locked up! And the air bags never went off!

atv660 writes:
Overall:

Great Car For Carpool And Active Kids — I bought the car with the idea of giving it to my daughter next year. We drive carpool that is an hour plus 3 times a week round trip and i am loving the savings in fuel costs. if you leave it in power mode is it like driving a little go cart around. Handling is much improved with aftermarket wheels and tires. I may have sacrificed some mpg but to have the improved handeling is well worth it too me. Stereo sound is ok, bluetooth works great and there is a ton of room in the hatch for soccer gear. After I give this one to my daughter I may have to get another one for myself. Pleasantly surprised with how much I like this car.

Pros: For its size it really holds quite a bit. I put different tires and wheels on it and the handling improved quite a bit. Im sure I sacrificed some gas milage but if my ave is 40+ i am fine with the tradeoff

Cons: no real negatives. I can't express how much I like the car better with different wheels and tires.
it is a little bland on the inside but I quickly got used to it. It would be nice to have an engine temp gage to be able to monitor things.

2011 Toyota Prius FourReview
Overall:

Sport Performance Upgrade Toyota Prius — We highly recommend people for this car if you are looking for a hybrid car, it is very quiet and it only cost us $60 a month for gas, on top this is an upgrade package, it looks different from the ordinary Prius.

Pros: quiet, very good on gas....

Cons: nothing bad

2011 Toyota PriusReview
CJH writes:
Daily Commute:
Interior Noise:
Long Trips:
Parking:
Visibility:
Overall:

Contrary To Popular Belief My Prius Is Not A Liberal Democratic Car. — No, the battery hasn't died or given any trouble. Yes, it has an engine and battery that work together extremely efficiently well. And yes, it has plenty of get up and go to pass. OK, so I'm not driving a chick magnet, but this is a fantastic money saving car, and the most proven hybrid on the market. I'm getting 3 times the mileage of any other vehicle we own. I also find that driving a Prius is like flying under the radar in the avoidance of negative attention. Working 4.5 hours from home for over a year until recently, this car saved me many gallons in fuel costs and Toyota financed it for 36 months at 0% interest. Running with headlights on 24-7 gets me noticed, though small in comparison to many gas guzzlers, so I haven't been bullied, at least so far.

Pros: Average around 53 mpg for life of car. Very comfortable and accomodates long legs with ease. Great turning radius and fits any parking space comfortably.

Cons: Road noise on crush and run gravel roads border on need for hearing protection. Steering is highly responsive and requires some getting used to. Low to the ground so a little challenging during mount and dismount for a long legged individual. And seeing around big gas hogs is sometimes challenging.

2011 Toyota Prius FiveReview
xueyam writes:
Overall:

Save Gas — I bought this on bay Ridge toyota in brooklyn After only 750 miles first month the car wax was gone the front especially the most of the car looks like it has been through a battle. The paint scratches so easily and i paid more than $37,000 and the manager said this not a paint problem is scratch by hand but ever two week i wash the car i will see new more scratch on my car and the scratch don't look like scratch by hand now i already bought this car for about 4 month the scratch has post on both side on top from front to back to spoiler from now may-8-2012 i still saw new scratch.

Pros: save gas

Cons: After only 750 miles the front especially the most of the car looks like it has been through a battle. The paint scratches so easily and i paid more than $37,000

schultzjc writes:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Great, Reliable Transportation, Low Maintenance — Iconic style of this vehicle is hard to dislike. If you like not spending alot on gas, this is the way to do it. Very economical - the more you drive, the more you will like this car. Excellent comfort up front. Back seat is o.k for children and rear compartment has excellent space.

Pros: Great gas mileage.

Cons: Limited power and acceleration but I've used the "power mode" and found highway merging, acceleration to be quite acceptable.

2011 Toyota Prius TwoReview
gramon55 writes:
Overall:

Reliable And Economic. — This is a great car for a small family and starting up professionals. It reads as a car for a conscientious person. Driving a Prius shows you are responsible. On the negative side, I got 4 speeding tickets in two years driving the Prius. Every single ticket was within 10 miles of the speed limit. In my 40 years driving, I have only received 7 or 8 speeding tickets. Do the math. My feeling was that most policemen are conservative, and they think of Prius drivers as "darn liberals." I may be wrong. Yet, it is hard to understand how I was stopped so frequently when I drove the Prius. I summary, if you want economy, reliability, and a comfortable ride, buy a Prius.

Pros: Excellent gas mileage with more than enough power for normal driving. Totally reliable. Comfortable and fairly good looking.

Cons: Very low. Can't drive over tough roads.  However, this is easily compensated by its reliability and economy.

ProfSapp writes:
Overall:

Happy We Got It — The fuel economy is the main reason we got a Prius exactly a year ago, and according to the onboard display we have never gotten less than 50 mpg, including a highway trip to DC from Miami last month (and an amazing 75 mpg on a leisurely drive from Palm Beach to Miami down A1A last weekend!). We find the car quite comfortable and easy to drive (though the GPS can be a pain sometimes), and the cargo capacity (especially with the rear seats down) is impressive. I thought it was funny-looking at first but the appearance has grown on me. We expect the same relibaility was have experienced with three other Toyotas we have owned, and the two years of free maintenance are a nice touch.

Pros: Fuel economy, comfort

Cons: Rear visibility

2011 Toyota Prius Two Review
  • Cargo Capacity
  • Family Car
  • Value
  • Would Buy
Back Seats Ranked 2008 Chevrolet HHR LS FWD worse.
"the prius has more room when folded down. also has a rool out cover. so that no one can see what you have there. also keeps the sun out "
Family Car Ranked 2008 Chevrolet HHR LS FWD worse.
"as it is a highbred. you get a lot more millage.than the hhr."

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2011 Toyota Prius 20 reviews.

2021 Toyota Prius Reviews

Review By Jim

Helped keep me informed on the availability of the car I was looking for. Read More

Review By Guru9VG27S

Love this car and features. Drives very well and the cabin is comfortable. A lot of built in technology that enhances the experience. Read More

2020 Toyota Prius Reviews

Review By Victor

Very quiet and smooth to drive. Heavier than the corolla so feels safe. Toyota safety sense features are awesome. Fuel efficiency is great. Read More

Review By Guru9V83LR

Tried it but we finally purchased CRV - Hybrid. Was better for our needs. Read More

2019 Toyota Prius Reviews

2017 Toyota Prius Reviews

Review By Michael

This is a great car. Very smooth driving and lots of options. Read More

Review By Brennan

This is my 2nd Prius (previous was a 2011 model with 130K miles and still ticking) so Im bullish on Prius. I just acquired a 2017 Model IV which is super nice with tons of tech bells and whistles (lan... Read More

Prius

Looking for a Used Prius in your area?

CarGurus has 5,322 nationwide Prius listings starting at $1,994.

Have you driven a 2011 Toyota Prius?