2010 Toyota Prius User Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2010 Toyota Prius against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2010 Toyota Prius vs:

Have you driven a 2010 Toyota Prius?

Displaying 31 - 40 of 40 2010 Toyota Prius reviews.

2010 Toyota Prius Five Review
    Overall:

A Lot Of Nice Features, Roomy And Love The Gas Mileage. — Love the gas mileage. I took a 700 mile trip and the average was 47 mpg. Some of my shorter trips have been over 50 mpg. The car has a lot of nice features, very roomy (my 6'3" husband fits in it comfortably), the voice command system is awesome.

Prius

Looking for a Used Prius in your area?

CarGurus has 24,387 nationwide Prius listings starting at $1,250.

2010 Toyota Prius Four Review
    Overall:

Prius Review — Have owned car for less than 3 weeks. To date have had 2 fill ups. MPG has been 50mpg and 48.5 mpg on the 2 fill ups. Actual driving of the car not any different than driving any other low powered auto. My last car was a infiniti G35 which was exceptionally zippy so is a difference. Very satisfied with the accessories including Ipod link, satellite radio, climate control. NO squeaks or rattles to date. Biggest difference is adjusting to the "starting" and "turning off" the car. Overall happy with the car to date.

Overall:

My New Prius — It isn't the prettiest, and its slow as hell, but it gets 50 MPG. Actually I am getting around 56 MPG right now. It is pretty comfortable and roomy inside. I really like the sound system, nav system and overall interior design. It is fun to try to improve your daily mileage, but not really a sports car.

Pros: Gas Mileage

Cons: Slow, already has a few interior rattles

Overall:

Love My New Prius — Bouught the package III,been driving it for 2 weeks, have 750 miles on it, averaging 56 MPG, smooth ride, love all the tech features. Got the blizzard white, sharp looking. Braking is good, lots of room in back. Drove a 2000 Avalon for 10 years and don't miss it a bit.

Overall:

Very Efficient Transportation — It's more comfortable than my other Prius'. Better driver position. It's fun trying to squeeze the most mileage I can out of it. It handles well, I'm comfortable at 75 on the interstate or crawling around town on the battery. Braking is very good, acceleration good also with the battery and engine working together. Noise level much better when accelerating hard. It's a goofy looking thing, but it sure is sweet paying $30.00 to go 500 miles instead of $56.00 to go 340 in my MDX. Had a whomp, whomp noise that increased with speed, sounded like a bad tire, a guy at Sam's Club said he could feel the tires were wearing unevenly. So I got a new set of Michelin Defenders but had the same noise. My mechanic listened and said I had a bad wheel bearing, the right rear was really bad but the left rear was starting to go also. Seems strange having wheel bearing giving out at 80,000 miles. Mechanic asked if the car had been in water, some of the bolts in the wheel were rusted that shouldn't have been. So after spending $600 on tires I didn't need, plus another $500 to replace 2 rear wheel bearings, problem solved!

Pros: I does get 50 mgh even with today's ethanol hindered gasoline with careful driving. My old ones would get 50 mgh too before ethanol, but dropped to 44 mph after the ethanol was added.

Cons: I'm used to an Acura MDX and Toyota Avalon, so the seats are not that good. But they are better the my 2001 and 2005 prius'. Rear view and blind spots are worse.

Overall:

$$$ Saver... Dislikes Gas Stations — It is a great option for city and highway. This car saves us $$$ about 60% compared to our old car. Our previous car was a 2005 Honda Element. My wife loves it and our kids as well. We used to spend about $75 on gas per week and now we spend about $25.

Pros: Rare visits to GAS Stations.

Cons: not a lot of room in the back

Overall:

A Great, Solid, Fun Car, Would Buy Again Without Any Hesitation. — Love everything about this car! Fun and Efficient. Car is as tight now as the day we drove it home 4 years ago. Reliable, it holds its' value for a reason. Would not hesitate to say have no doubt with proper maintenance this car will last and last ... and stay tight.

Pros: 50 MPG, lots of zip, very sporty and fun to drive, comfortable on long drives.  Blue tooth is great.  A really fun, road gripping car on any mountain road with power to spare.  On the highway, easy to go 86 and not even realize.... in fact, you can be going at 75 mph and step on it and the car jumps!  Seriously, a sporty fun car to drive.

Cons: Cargo cover is a must have add-on.  Stock tires are done at 20k miles, MUST BE REPLACED BY 'LRR' TIRES OR MILEAGE WILL LITERALLY DROP FROM 50+ MPG TO 35 MPG.... that is a FACT!  AND.... SOME TIRE STORES DON'T KNOW AND THEN ARGUE THIS FACT.  Sadly most PRIUS OWNERS ARE UNAWARE.   YOU MUST BUY 'LRR' (Low Rolling Resistance) AS REPLACEMENT TIRES...( yes, we found out the hard way.  Les Schwab sold us the wrong tires, the car was sluggish, slow and we dropped to 36 mpg in half a tank of gas.  Researched the problem and found the LRR to be the key.   We ended up with Bridgestone Ecopias A/S- they ROCK!  Super fast, super fun, and according to other Prius owners, increase mpg!.

Overall:

Overall, A Great Car With Some Minor Downsides — Solid history of great performance. If you have to buy a car these days, it makes the most sense to buy a hybrid because the gas engine is going to be the buggy whip of the 21st century. This car is excellent for a number of applications, but has some downsides. Before you buy, make sure that the visibility issue, mentioned above, is not a problem for you.

Pros: The ride is still great after 16k miles.  Very comfortable and easy to handle car with the best gas mileage around

Cons: Only negative is the visibility through the rear hatch when trunk is loaded; there is a horizontal see-through area on the hatch lid that becomes obstructed, which impacts your ability to see traffic behind you.  Even after 2 years of ownership, that is still an irritation.  Compared to my Honda CRV, storage space is considerably smaller, which is a problem when traveling as a family. Engine strains when climbing hills in the Cumberland Gap area, but since we don't go there so often, that's a minor complaint.  Overall, pickup is adequate.

Overall:

Little Dream — Very slim design with looks of a cute car. This nice little TOY is doing its JOB perfectly and keeping up to the expectations by saving the money on GAS! As long as I’m gentle to this TOY, it returns 50 mpg. In my rough times, it gave me 42 mpg! If you are obsessed with aggressive driving, I don't recommend this car to you! No major complaints. I may start to think about the battery after hitting 10 years or so on this car... by then, I may have plenty of options with current fuel prices!!

Pros: Great Fuel Economy car! Average 50 mpg. No other model in this category even came closer to this one for years now! Great technology.

Cons: Low power car. You can drive like a normal car, that will get you fuel range of only 35-40 mpg.

Overall:

Perfect Workhorse Or Small Family Vehicle — If you're not into flashy and want something economical and dependable the newly updated 2010+ Prius is the way to go. I traded this car in for my Lexus IS 250, which is an excellent ride, but the fact that I have 2 children and trying to save as much money makes this car favorable and my old lexus hard to miss when I am averaging around 45-48mpg and I only gas up for about $25-26 every 3 to 4 weeks.

Pros: This is an excellent car, very good gas mileage, maintenence is cheap, car is reliable - saves me so much money!!! decent looks, great interior space, the perfect workhorse or small family car

Cons: this car is slow :( , but its not like I drive to race people, this is the

Displaying 31 - 40 of 40 2010 Toyota Prius reviews.

2015 Toyota Prius Reviews

Practical With Some Style By Aaron6817

This car sips gas quiet engine, command console is surprisingly integrated well, feels like s mid size car despite it's compact size. not a lot of go but sufficient, rear window obstructs vision and t... Read More

2014 Toyota Prius Reviews

Good Car If You Want A Mid-sized Hybrid Vehicle. By Salamander3

While there is road/wind noise on the freeway, it's not as pronounced in the liftback as it is in the prius c. The longer wheelbase and heavier weight also helps to subdue the bumps/vibrations on the ... Read More

Great Car By MIkeBr

I was amazed while I first drove this car. It was an amazing experience. Nice gear, well stylish exterior design, 1 to 5 trim levels - all these are well set which I loved most. The Toyota Prius is a ... Read More

2013 Toyota Prius Reviews

Green Machine By John

I was a firm GM owner my whole life. My wife got me into liking the Toyota brand. She traded her GM for a Camry in 2012. When we lost our Camry to an accident we came back to Toyota for the 2013 Pri... Read More

Surprisingly The Best Car For Economy And Travel. Really Like Prius... By Larkster

My favorite part this PRIUS - is the color - the convenient dash with BIG back-up camera and NAV plus the on/off ignition - stereo GREAT - handling - ECONOMY! This Hybrid impresses me because it's ... Read More

2012 Toyota Prius Reviews

A Great Car... For The Right Person By dsjaharry

I've driven this car for a little while and although impressed with its potential, I came away understanding this was not the car for me. I do respect it. In the right hands, this car can do amazing... Read More

I Love This Car! Hoping To Buy A New Ediiton By jmorton

I love to reliability, quietness, fuel efficiency, large capacity of this prius. It handles very well and you can barely tell when it is turned on. it is chalk full of technology that makes by experie... Read More

2011 Toyota Prius Reviews

Super Gas Saving Vehicle! By Zulsf

great styling car with cool fuel efficiency. Super reliable and dependable car. Spacious car for 5 with plenty of trunk space. Zero maintenance Cost other than the regular oil changes and tire replace... Read More

Sucks Just Like Very Other Toyota By Bjorkast

My husband & I share his car but I avoid driving it at all cost! We live in an area where it is 98 degrees one day & a blizzard the next, so when it comes to how a car handles in all types of weather ... Read More

Cars compared to 2010 Toyota PriusPeople researching a 2010 Toyota Prius contacted a dealer about

Prius

Looking for a Used Prius in your area?

CarGurus has 24,387 nationwide Prius listings starting at $1,250.

Have you driven a 2010 Toyota Prius?