2009 Dodge Ram 1500 User Reviews

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 vs:

Have you driven a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 35 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 reviews.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Review
    says:
    I drove a Dodge Ram Big Horn and liked it a lot (almost bought it from Enterprise after my Montero Sport was done getting repaired [rear-ended by another driver at a red light]). However, when I drove a lower trim package (might have been smaller cab too - still 4 doors), the back seat was so tight that my 7 y/o son (now 11) was not comfortable riding in the truck.
    Front Seats Ranked 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche better.
    "I have a surgically repaired lower spine. The front seat of my Chevy Avalanche is one of the more comfortable seats I have driven in since my surgery. Ride height is good. Seat is power-adjustable, so I can fine-tune it depending on how my back, hips & left leg feel that day / trip."
    Would Buy Ranked 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche better.
    "The Rams size, ride height and power were all tremendous. There was a major blind-spot on the Rams driver side: I saw a Lexus RX350 (SUV) in my rear mirror, then he passed me on my left. Somewhere between the rear wheel and my shoulder, the RX350 disappeared in my rear & side mirrors. Granted, Ive lost sight of small sedans / cars in the Avalanche, too. Between the Chevys front seat, IFS and solid body, I could not feel the vibrations from the road. In other trucks, including Tundra, F-150 and Ram, the vibrations made me feel nauseous (by no means criticizing those other trucks; this is due to an issue with my surgically repaired lower back)."
    Ram 1500

Looking for a Used Ram 1500 in your area?

CarGurus has 13,272 nationwide Ram 1500 listings starting at $1,100.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Review
    says:
    Daily ride at work, two pasenger 4.7l v8. floor gas pedal on take off 30 times a day never fails. perfect passing power. aesthetics could be better. truck is very reliable going over rail road tracks, potholes, curb munching, hoping up and down over two sets of curbs
    Power Ranked 2004 Chrysler Sebring worse.
    "100 extra hp ontop of the sebring. overall suspension able to handle that much more. sebring engages all gears at it just gets bumpy. suspension not ideal for full take off. both at 100000km"
    Looks/Style Ranked 2004 Chrysler Sebring better.
    "a decaled out ram looks nice, but 2004 was a nice looking sebring, before an after arnt nice to look at. some 300 grilles interchangable, if its a nice colour like, black lava red pearl pmq, matching your parts up with black is beautiful"
    2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4WD Review
    Overall:

Ram 1500 — I have liked the look of the Rams and after checking out Ford and Chevy (was previously a Chevy guy) went for my 09 1500 4WD. Just love the power (but not gas mileage) and looks of the truck but Ram have a way to go on reliability, seems I am always waiting for the next thing to go wrong!

Pros: Great looking truck with ample power, bought to replace my aging 1998 Ram 1500

Cons: I would question Dodge's reliability; had a new cylinder head and full rebuilds of front and rear drive-train (under warranty fortunately), always seems to be some repair on the horizon.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4WD Review
    Overall:

I Love This Truck For It's Spacious Interior And Performance. — I bought this truck as a replacement for our previous minivan with a double duty as a boat hauler. The truck is awesome to drive and in the Laramie trim has all of the modern gadgets making it favorite with my wife.

Pros: Comfortable and well apointed truck

Cons: Fuel economy is poor especially in city driving.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 ST Crew Cab Review
    Overall:

My First — just getting started in the truck life but love it already! the truck looks and feels big and is good for towing or hauling but doesnt have the 4X4 or the hemi that Dodges are known for or should have.

Pros: great look, just what i need

Cons: not a hemi

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab Review
    Overall:

Overall Very Pleased With My 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Slt Truck. — I would buy this vehicle again at the discounted price I got this one. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Overall very pleased with the vehicle. Drove this vehicle all across the US with no issues. Very dependable vehicle.

Pros: I bought this truck new in 2009 and have had now issues with it in 50,000 miles. I am overall very pleased with this vehicle. Very smooth ride, avg 21 MPG highway, no maintenance cost for the first 4 years, very dependable. Plenty of power for a 2-wheel drive as I puller a 6x10 trailer with over 2100 lbs of cargo.

Cons: Horn quit working the the first week of Dec 2012. The back seats are not overly comfortable for long trips with the family. Vehicle has the power, but gas mileage when towing a trailer is not as good as expected. The avg was 15-17 MPG in the 350 miles.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab Review
    Overall:

Outstanding — Best fullsize truck out there...hands down. I average 20-22 mpg while cruising at highway speed. This is the quietest most comfortable truck out there. I get compliments about it all the time. I wish it would sit slightly lower though.

Pros: Extremely comfortable and delivers 20-22mpg on the highway. Very quiet inside

Cons: Sits kind of high

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4WD Review
    Overall:

Big Bad Red! — The inside is very roomy. I like the Alpine stereo system upgrade and the touchscreen user interface. It is very comfortable to drive. It's a gas guzzler, but this is expected with a 5.7L Hemi engine. I like the truck a lot and is much different than my Crossfire that I traded in. I miss the sport car though.

Pros: The inside is very roomy.  I like the Alpine stereo system upgrade and the touchscreen user interface.  It is very comfortable to drive.

Cons: Gas guzzler, but this is expected with a 5.7L Hemi engine.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4WD Review
    Accessories:
    Interior Noise:
    Safety:
    Overall:

Great Truck For Light Duty. Not Made For Work. — Well I bought this truck brand new in Feb of 09 and sold it Feb 12. I was an affordable very comfortable truck with all the bells and whistles...heated cooled seats, heated steering wheel (witch I loved), All the things that come with the Laramie pkg. The HEMI had very good power but Dodge recommends that you change all 16 (that's right 16) spark plugs every 33000 miles. plus the HEMI had a big oil pan 8qts. so oil changes are a little more than normal. Doesn't tow well has coil spings with 4-Link in the back. It also had a lot of recalls. Overall very plush powerful truck for the money just don't think I would use it for heavy work.

Pros: Great power. Silky smooth ride. Handles better than any other stock truck I driven. You get all the bells and whistles of a very expensive truck with less money.

Cons: Very small bed. Cargo capacity real light. Lots of recalls. Maintenance costs are higher than normal.

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SPORT Quad Cab 4WD Review
    Overall:

I Love This Truck!!! — This Truck has Awesome Performance and its Built pretty good.. I like the tough look/ appearance of it.. Definately love off roadin in this truck which I could do more of this Summer!!! I just wish things werent so expensive when want to modify the Truck.. Even when the Truck is in 4X4 it doesnt feel rough @ when your driving on the city streets or off roadin which I really like cuz when its rough it doesnt feel very nice @ all.. I do still like the Blue color instead of the Gray Color but I still do like it.

Pros: Big and Spacious

Cons: There isnt anything I dont like about it...

Displaying 1 - 10 of 35 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 reviews.

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Reviews

The Best Truck On The Market By bsivel

I like everything about my truck. The only issue I have had is the electrical system went a little haywire on me when I replaced a damaged driver side mirror. The dash displays a -40 degree which ob... Read More

Perfect By uspspow

I have always loved dodge trucks and cars, I have owned many in my lifetime. Very stylish and comfortable to drive. I would recommend a dodge truck to everyone thats wants to drive a truck.. Better lo... Read More

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Reviews

It's A Great Truck To Have And I Love It. By BlueEyedDodge

I've had this truck for years and it still runs great and I've had no trouble with it. General maintenance is easy and if you take care of whatever you're driving it will last a long time. Still looks... Read More

Power, Reliable, Beautiful Truck By SavageBeast83

I would strongly recommend this truck for someone who intends to use it within their local area. It's poor fuel economy doesn't lend itself for long distance travel. It is reliable and powerful to d... Read More

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Reviews

Not Your Fathers Pickup! By Vjblanchard

I absolutely love driving this truck, she takes off like a scared cat, rumbles like a race car, rides smooth as my Tahoe, and turns heads everywhere she goes! There is not another one like this anywhe... Read More

A Good Truck By Jeepmaniac

It was a good truck and now has about 120K miles on it. I would consider another truck just like it if I could find one to fit the budget. Four wheel drive is a must when you live in a rural area. Read More

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Reviews

Very Satisfied By robsgma2014

Love our truck. Love the space. Smooth ride. All wheel drive. Love the candy apple red color. All extras are great. Can sit my tall daughter's in the rear and they are very comfortable. Love the ... Read More

Great Everyday Truck By jfrees

I loved my Ram because it had a lot of capabilities. I had the ability to haul a lot or tow, but I drove around in style when I was simply commuting and not taking advantage of its ability as a truck.... Read More

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Reviews

Ramjam Couldn't Put It Any Petter By SLTram05

the truck is a great piece of machine, the engine is super strong and the style of the truck is just breath taking.. The look is like a normal older dodge with a mean look to it. the style just rolls ... Read More

Super Fun! By Tdonnelly13

Put full exhaust, intake, and a tune. Makes the truck respond great, sound great, and perform great... And it already looks great! All around excellent truck! I have not had any negative issues wit... Read More

Cars compared to 2009 Dodge Ram 1500People researching a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 contacted a dealer about

Ram 1500

Looking for a Used Ram 1500 in your area?

CarGurus has 13,272 nationwide Ram 1500 listings starting at $1,100.

Have you driven a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500?
    Rank your car →