Have you driven a 2008 Volkswagen R32?

Displaying 31 - 40 of 2008 Volkswagen R32 40 reviews.

Ian writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Epic. — This car is amazing. The engine makes an EPIC noise and the 4Motion all wheel drive keeps everything in check. The car may only have 250 bhp but it puts every single ounce of its power down on the ground perfectly.

Pros: Everything is awesome.

Cons: Nothing.

R32

Looking for a Used R32 in your area?

CarGurus has 39 nationwide R32 listings starting at $7,500.

David writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

My Current Company Car — Handle's great, fast but heavy and quite a bit of wind noise, but who cares it's not exactly built for comfort just driving fast, which it does well... Officer!

Pros: Handling

Cons: Terrible Gas Milage

David writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Best Golf (rabbit) Ever ... Still A Vw Though ... —

My father isn't a big fan of cars, and convincing him to buy this one was very, very hard. It is fast, no question about that, but then he doesn't care (you know the thing: speed limits, pollution, bla, bla, bla). It's 4-wheel drive, so when it rains or snows, you continue without a hint of a problem, and my father liked this idea. He also thought that being unconspicuous was a good thing and that if I was happy to take the keys from time to time, then, why not buying it after all? And at the beginning, all was well. This car has so much grip, you can't believe it, you just can't! I've never driven it in the snow (too bad, I know), but in the rain, it's beyond belief ... I imagine (for what I've read) that Subs and Evos are better, but the R32 is already plenty! And it's so confortable inside ... ok, maybe my back was already used to the Mini's harshness but I truly think that the R32 is an almost perfect long-cruiser. "The noise?", you may wonder ... it is gorgeous, pure music! My father, his girlfriend, all our friends of all ages and myself agree (ok, many don't care, but they agree nonetheless) that it sounds even better than the Nissan 350Z. Unfortunately, it's not a looker. No matter how you put it, it just isn't. And now my father is tempted by an Alfa Romeo Brera Q4. I keep telling him it must be rubbish because so much slower ... but look at the Brera, that's a serious beauty this car! Anyway, the R32 may be a bit thirsty (10l/100km) but the overall experience is worth a 4/5 stars. Oh, and I almost forget! The DSG gearbox is an absolute dream ... at least, it must be ... such a shame our R32 doesn't have it!! Options don't mean much when you often change you car ...

Pros: 4-wheel drive grip, good acceleration, braking and surnatural handling. Plus it's a discrete VW (especially in Grey or Black) and it's very confortable.

Cons: It's not a looker and it's thirsty.

Wade writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Wow!!!best Car I Have Even Had Driven Looked At Touched!! — just a wow car amazing handeling and quick changing gear box v8 engine turbo charged standarded becomes hard to control with racing fuel stability weakens

Pros: chows petrol hetic

Cons: sports gear box

Kobus writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Not A Bad Car, But Expected More.. — I struggled for many months to get my hands on one of these when they arrived in SA - They were selling like sweet Cake.. It is a very well made car with good, sexy looks - good handling figures thanx to ESP, and then aaaaah that wonderful 3.2L V6 Engine, it is however not as fast as the heavily modded 2.8L VR6 that I usually drive, but man, it sure puts a smile on my face..

Pros: Exellent German engineering!

Cons: Also quite thirsty, but then I suppose if you own one of these, and taking into consideration that they sell for about R350,900.00, then the Gas should also not be too expensive...

Appearance:
Overall:

A Blast To Drive — I bought the car used. It had 1200 miles on it and I have put on another 1000. It is a joy to drive. Seats are very comfortable. Good on the highway as well as around town. I leave it in regular mode until the engine is warmed up then shift it in to sport mode. Exhaust note is good. Have not tried the iPod setup yet. This is my first VW. I would buy another one.

Owner for 0 years, 3 months

Miles Driven per Year:5,000

Luke3 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Update To Previous Review — I just got back from the local VW dealer where I talked with one of their service managers. Here's the scoop: In the standard drive mode, the timing and fuel mapping is more "conservative" than in tiptronic or Sport modes. This means that when I nail the throttle in the standard mode, the engine management computer gets "confused" briefly because it is expecting a gentle start. If I put it in either of the other two modes, it changes completely. the fastest launches are achieved by using the sport mode, leaving the traction control on and, with one foot on the brake, bringing the revs to 2500. Launching is done by lifting the brake foot and hitting the throttle - no lag, just gone.

Owner for 0 years, 1 months

Miles Driven per Year:15,000

Cons: Now there no cons about the car, try one for yourself!

Charles writes:
Interior Noise:
Overall:

Those Who Know It, Love It. Those Who Don't Know It Don't Know What They're Missing! — This is a first class sport sedan with the utility of an SUV. You and 3 of your friends can have a blast on back roads or cruise on the interstate all day. The engine is smooth with great punch at the mid range and the DSG is a ball to up shift and down shift. And the SOUND from the exhaust. Oh man! The down shifts with the rev match is incredible!

Pros: Quick, solid car.  The DSG transmission is amazing.  I had been a dedicate manual transmission driver.  One drive in this car and I was sold.  It shifts better than 90% of the drivers out there who think they're good with a manual. And, it's silky smooth around town when it's in D.  Seats are great..  I have a bad back and I could drive 8 hr stints without pain or stiffness.   The chassis is SOLID.  I drove mine for 5 years, 3 of which was in RI (terrible roads) and there was never a rattle or squeak.  VW must carve these from a solid piece of metal. Very reliable.  No additional maintenance issues or problems beyond routine care.

Cons: Stiff ride. Noisy interior. Less than sexy style.

Daniel writes:
Overall:

The Most Comfortable Sport Compact I've Ever Owned. — The 2008 VW R32 is one of the smothers rides I've ever had. Well, as long as it's on the Tarmac. While the R32's overall performance and comfort are off the charts compared to its competitors the standard suspension on this vehicle is a little to sensitive for me. Other than that this car is so much fun to drive. It's hard not to make excuses not to drive in Sport mode. The overall comfort and convenience the R32 offers is rare for this breed of car. You get a lot more luxury than you paid for.

Pros: Fast, reliable, versatile, unbelievably luxurious.

Cons: Ground clearance, sensitive suspension, no standard Bluetooth.

2008 Volkswagen R32 Base Review
  • Cargo Capacity
  • Family Car
  • Value
  • Would Buy
Family Car Ranked 2009 Nissan GT-R AWD worse.
"very spacious interior and hatch"

Displaying 31 - 40 of 2008 Volkswagen R32 40 reviews.

2004 Volkswagen R32 Reviews

Review By Michael

Love it, quick, torquey, everything works, looks like it came off from the show room floor with high mileage. Read More

Dream Car By TTDSPAIN

The MKIV R32 was a brilliant car. It has more than adequate power and handles like a dream. It is comfortable, stylish and a blast to drive. It has everything that I want in a car and it could not be ... Read More

Cars compared to 2008 Volkswagen R32

R32

Looking for a Used R32 in your area?

CarGurus has 39 nationwide R32 listings starting at $7,500.

Have you driven a 2008 Volkswagen R32?