2008 Saturn Sky Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2008 Saturn Sky against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2008 Saturn Sky vs:

Have you driven a 2008 Saturn Sky?

Displaying 21 - 30 of 2008 Saturn Sky 30 reviews.

donhank writes:
    Overall:

Best Orphan Car Yet. — It's just too bad when GM gets on the right track with a true roadster that the life is so short-lived and it ends all too soon. This engine, suspension, and brake package made it a really thrilling car to drive and it looks great, too.

Pros: Great engineering and performance with 5-speed.

Cons: A little cramped for a guy 6'5"

Sky

Looking for a Used Sky in your area?

CarGurus has 164 nationwide Sky listings starting at $3,995.

Charlie writes:
    Appearance:
    Overall:

Uwould Buy This Again Any Day Of The Week. — One of the best cars we have ever owned - an absolute head turner. Strong performance - acceleration is exhilarating. No build quality issues - although we only put 11K miles on this car. Appearance - One of the best looking cars ever made. This was a win for GM. Then they stopped making them. *Sigh* Cost of ownership: Takes premium fuel, but the gas mileage was quite good for a sports car - high 20's Fun Factor - just a blast to drive, cruise and be seen in. 10 out of 10.

Pros: Performance, a sure head turner on the boulevard.

Cons: Not a daily driver - you arent going to carry any groceries in this!

Sheree writes:
    Appearance:
    Overall:

It May Not Be Practical For Everyone, But I Like Being In Love With My Car Again! — I absoluely love this car. I missed being able to throw my foot down without holding back! I mean, without getting tickets. Ah, the joys of a 4-cylinder. I also missed having a convertible, even though I hardly ever use that particular function. I like having the option. To answer the questions asked, acceleration is less than in a Mustang (my previous car), obviously, but braking and handling are amazing. It hasn't needed repairs, or even gas, since I started driving it, because I haven't had it very long. Cost of ownership is actually slightly less than a Mustang. As far as appearance, it is absolutely gorgeous, and in my new favorite car color which I think of as melancholic blue (sorry, but I don't have the acutal manual, which would probably tell me the real name of the color!). And yes, it's great fun to drive!

Pros: It handles well and it's gorgeous.

Cons: I wouldn't avoid it for this reason, but obviously it doesn't accelerate as fast as a 6-cylinder. Also, it doesn't have a backseat or very much trunk space.

2008 Saturn SkyReview
    Paulette writes:
    Appearance:
    Overall:

I Love My Saturn Vue — I love my Vue, first it is a zippy and cute SUV. It has heated seats and auto start. For the price it was the perfect car for me. When i need pick up it is there. It is really good in the snow and slippery roads even though it isn't all wheel drive. I love the onstar that always tells me if there is a problem with the car and also lowers my auto insurance. The service dept at Saturn is like no other. They are courteous and fast. They have a comfortable waiting area with fresh cookies,popcorn and pop and bottled water all for free. If the problem will take long, they set you up with a loaner car for free. All in all, I would highly recommend a Saturn to anyone.

Pros: Alot of car for a small price

Cons: Can't think of any

Leslie writes:
    Appearance:
    Overall:

Top-down Summer Fun — Performance is exceptional - much quicker than comparable models from BMW and Mercedes. Mechanically very sound so far, with no issues whatsoever. Interior quality is slightly below what you might expect, although sound system is excellent. Lack of storage is an issue for overnight trips. A very fun car to drive overall. Drive one before you buy a more expensive model.

Pros: Excellent performance, eye-catching looks

Cons: Limited storage, unrefined interior.

Matt writes:
    Appearance:
    Overall:

Bleh — The handling of the car was alright, accel was very sub par. Not at all good for a 40+k car. The interior styling was terrible because of the cheap materials. The car, despite its many cons, it very fun to drive. I would reccomend it to a rich person.....

Pros: Nice to look at?

Cons: Build quality

Adrienne writes:
    Appearance:
    Overall:

Good If You Like That Kind Of Thing... — Performed well, acceleration was fair until the turbo spooled. brakes very well and handles okay, i was expecting better. interior needs a serious design change in that the shifter sits so high up too long driving will make your arm go numb from lack of blood circulation. it looks good, though. the car shifts like a dream. it is so positive its insane.

Pros: VERY positive shifter

Cons: didnt leave me dying for one

Kyle writes:
    Appearance:
    Overall:

My Grams Car. — i got to drive my grams car and it is awesome.

Pros: hugs the corners and good acceleration

Cons: none

Tyler writes:
    Appearance:
    Overall:

Love Of My Life — This car is by far the BEST poor man's roadster. I will own one in about a year. You will not believe how well it drives and hugs the road, don't try to play "corners" while cornering, it won't work, the car stays level the entire time! CRAZY!

Pros: Everything, it is a masterpiece

Cons: Not a SINGLE thing!

Terry writes:
    Overall:

Small 2 Seat Sports Car Or Large Very Fast Go Kart. — I love this car just know that it is a toy. Not a family car with only 2 seats but you know that. It is a blast. Wish it had a little more storage space but I can live with that. It is a man's dream and a head turner. Ladies you will love it too.

Pros: Love almost everything about this car. It is a sports car with only 2 seats.  Very fast for such a small engine.  2.0 liter but turbo charged. Easy to upgrade also. Check trifecta for cheap 30 to 50 add on HP. For real not a cheap rip off chip. Love the car. I have bought 2 cars via car guru in the past 3 months. Great way to find a deal.

Cons: No cabin storage,  virtually no trunk especially when top is down. Older technology but it is an 08 after all. It is a large go kart and who doesn't love go karts.

Displaying 21 - 30 of 2008 Saturn Sky 30 reviews.

2009 Saturn Sky Reviews

Review By Guru91MFZ1

Fun and sporty, power to weight mise well be a Hellcat Read More

Review By Steven

Its great as it is for what it is. Looks great, handles well, ok gas mileage for the redline, better for the standard. Compare to Miata- Saturn wins. Compare to Pontiac solstice- Saturn wins on looks ... Read More

2007 Saturn Sky Reviews

Review By Guru92ZYBB

Has been compared to many roadsters over the years. The car has great value except for extra space. Many feature developed with this model still being provided in new Corvettes. Is engineering stat... Read More

Review By Jeff

I like the features that this Redline has. Im not sure that I could get another more other then the extra 30hp tuning. Read More

Sky

Looking for a Used Sky in your area?

CarGurus has 164 nationwide Sky listings starting at $3,995.

Have you driven a 2008 Saturn Sky?