2008 Pontiac Solstice Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2008 Pontiac Solstice against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

Have you driven a 2008 Pontiac Solstice?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2008 Pontiac Solstice 20 reviews.

Trish writes:
Overall:

Not Worth The Money.. — This car is fun in the summer...doesn't handle good in rain or ice.. it's fun to drive but there's to many problems with it...I don't think I would recommend this car to my friends, unless they wanted it for a weekend car...

Pros: Fun to drive...Good on gas

Cons: Ignition has locked up on me twice... Squeaks like rusty old bed springs in the winter..No storage space..Cup holders suck..Bad blind spots

Solstice

Looking for a Used Solstice in your area?

CarGurus has 364 nationwide Solstice listings starting at $4,550.

ssmith1 writes:
Overall:

Made For Fun — This car is pure fun; it handles better than any car that I ever driven, we love taking drives on the mountain roads. Everywhere we go , people look at it to try to see what it is. Everyone loves this car. This car is very dependable, we have not has any problems with it.

Pros:
Looks great, turns heads, imagining handling, made for fun

Cons: The only cons are storage, you can put golf clubs and duffle bags the trunk, which you cannot do many of the competing car types, but it is not handle regular suit case too well.

fubar writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Total Garbage — This car is the most horrible thing I have owned since I had an XJS Jag. I have had it almost 3 years now and only 20k miles. I will NEVER again purchase a GM product. It is extremely hard to drive with the top up, you are blind form the doors back. I have had fits with the fuel system... that can not be figured out by dealership? It will nose dive while accelerating.I have had to take the car in twice for the trunk releasing but the top not. I have interior squeaking that will drive a person to drink, that the dealerships cant figure out(its in the dash... somewhere). Backfiring is a problem at elevation. Use 85 octane if you are planning to go 6500 feet or higher. The handling is good, but the tri-mode rear end is not. This car is great to look at, but that's as far as I would go if I were you... just look.

Pros: not much

Cons: everything but the styling

MikefromChicago writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

If You Can Afford A Second Car For Pure, Fun Driving, This Car Is A Great Choice. — Bought used in 2010 with 4300 miles. Love this car! The more I drive it, the more I love it! With the top down, its the hottest looking car on the road. Ultra-quick and very excellent handling. Storage is a problem and fit and finish is just average. Averaging 27 mph on Chicago toll roads.

Pros: Super stylish, faster than most cars on the road.

Cons: Storage and the damn cupholders

Jamie writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Very Happy With My Solstice — it handles really great, nice appointments, build well, low maintenance, good gas milage, needs a little more getup, the name does not fit the car, a whole lotta fun you want to drive it everywhere especially with the top down

Pros: a great time

Cons: not much

Jordan writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Huh? — Love the car! Pontiac was one of my favorites! I was hoping to see the solstice coup come out soon! Definately beter than the saturn sky and view! Now i always run eraands for my wife! You should too! o-l<

Pros: everything

Cons: i cant get enough of it

Axel writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Solstice Review — It's a great car just for showing of, if you want performance you are going to have to invest more than 10 thousand to enhance the engine. It has great looks, a deafening sound and a striking handling. I have never been very fond of american cars, personally I prefer europeans, but the solstice has astonished me talking about looks. Unforntunantely, the engine makes too much sound taking into account it's a four cilinder, the 2.4L engine develops 170 hp reflected only in curve acceleration, in straight line it's a bit dull.

Pros: Looks, handling and traction

Cons: Engine Output and vibration

Dirk writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Gxp — Snappy acceleration and braking, Hollywood good looks, new so no repairs, a little too much interior plastic, killer blind spot at 7PM with hood up, good on gas. Trunk undersized, although will hold about 7-8 grocery bags full with the hood up. Real head turner, and great fun to drive!

Pros: feisty torque at low rpm, snappy acceleration and braking, stunning looks

Cons: plastic interior, painful cup holders, small trunk.

Thomas writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

I Love My Solstice — There isn't much more to say about it - I love my car. It drives amazing, looks amazing, and the speed isn't all too shabby either.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Haven't encountered anything yet

Missterious writes:
Interior Noise:
Long Trips:
Parking:
Overall:

I Found The Car To Be The Most Fun And Best Looking Car I've Ever Owned. — I virtually loved everything about this Solstice GXP, especially her looks and feel of her. The power was amazing, but easily controllable. In less than 6 seconds, it breezed from 0 to 60 mph. The OnStar feature enabled me to recover her and thwart the thieves who stole her in an hour (they can do nothing until police report is filed). I did have her in shop a couple of times to repair damage done to hard plastic engine guard due to my going too fast and bottoming out. I would not hesitate to buy another. Their value appears to be on the rise in spite of or maybe because of the model being discontinued.

Pros: This car is pure class. After 5 years, it still attracted a lot of attention and questions about it's origin. Seats were comfortable. Dash resembled the cockpit of an airliner. Gas mileage was good unless you used Turbo aspects often. Car remained quiet and smooth on the numerous road trips I took.  I would buy another identical to her, but need more space for new puppy!!

Cons: Did have little storage space especially with top down. The cup holders were awkwardly positioned above and to the right of driver. Cons were minimalistic compared to her looks and driving her. Being petite, I did experience a blind spot when looking over my left shoulder

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2008 Pontiac Solstice 20 reviews.

2009 Pontiac Solstice Reviews

Review By Guru9BW3DS

I owned a 2009 until 2016. I loved that car. Fun to drive, 5 speed manual GXP. Grey with 2 tone interior, premium sound system, subwoofer behind the passenger seat. I had it in Georgia for 5 years, Ch... Read More

Review By Clifton

I like he Solstice which I see as a fun and affordable sporty convertible at a good price point. Read More

2007 Pontiac Solstice Reviews

Review By VeteranMotors

What a great value. Handles like a true sports car and yet you don’t have to spend the $’s. All the car I need for the open American road. Solidly built and inexpensive to repair. Read More

Review By Guru95DNS8

Great Car so far. I enjoy the ride Thanks Read More

2006 Pontiac Solstice Reviews

Review By Malorek

I loved the Solstice, it’s an awesome vehicle. So why the 3 stars? Well it’s under powered even in the turbo model; had it been brought to us in a v6 or v8 like originally intended it would be an inva... Read More

Review By Guru9TG3W2

This car is GREAT & I look GOOD in it. Not sure about any thing else, have not driven it much (2X). Waiting on the weather to change for the better, so I can see what the car is all about. Read More

Solstice

Looking for a Used Solstice in your area?

CarGurus has 364 nationwide Solstice listings starting at $4,550.

Have you driven a 2008 Pontiac Solstice?