Have you driven a 2008 Pontiac G8?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2008 Pontiac G8 20 reviews.

Elizabeth writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Love It! — When I test drove this car, I had originally gone to the dealership to test drive a 2005 Bonneville, of which I have already owned three, my last on being a 1999. The legroom was less than what I had hoped, so the salesman literally said "Try this on for size" referring to a beautiful black G8 GT. We took it up on the highway, and he said "Go ahead, open 'er up"...and boy did I! I fell in love. And boy does it have leg room! And I'm trying to figure out how I survived without OnStar all of my life. What I love even more is that not only has it not lost any value, but the car is already worth more than I paid for it! The power is amazing, I love the ability to switch between manual and automatic on the fly, I love the large pass-thru in the backseat. Oh hell, there isn't much I don't like about the car. It does suck in the snow. That's my biggest gripe, but my other car is back on the road so it will never see snow again!

Pros: The G8 is a head turner.

Cons: Sucks in the snow

G8

Looking for a Used G8 in your area?

CarGurus has 130 nationwide G8 listings starting at $3,500.

aaron_4 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Wow — love it, it moves.pretty good gas mileage.good options in it. it is only so so in the snow, thank god for the traction control makes it at least driveable in snow.

Pros: fast but safe

Cons: glove box ha a rattle, working to fix

Jack writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

G8 Gt — Great car for the price! it's fast, handles great thank's to Eibach and Giovanna/Nexen wheel package. Like the interior does not feel like an "american built car" since it's made in Australia. MPG is not to bad considering it's 6.0L V8.

Pros: No one know's what it is.

Cons: No one know's what it is.

Lance writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Overall It Is A Great Car. A Four Door High Performance Vehicle. Have Fun ! — This car has got to be the most exhilarating car to drive. The power that this car has is so much more than anyone needs. The interior is simple and basic and has everything someone would need including 2 outlets to plug in your phone or ipod, etc. Considering the 6 liter engine, the gas mileage is very fair at around 17 mpg, and i tend to have a lead foot.

Pros: The best reason to buy the G8 GT is for the raw power you get for a vehicle that i haggled down to under 30 grand

Cons: The only reason i can think of for not getting this vehicle is the very high chance of getting a speeding ticket

Stephen writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Amazing!!! — TOP SPEED 209!!! Handles Turns Like No Other. Interior is amazing and the out side looks make the girls want to get in the car and just go for a joy ride. this car is a daily driver and great on gas!

Pros: FAST

Cons: NOT A DAMN THING

2008 Pontiac G8 BaseReview
Ernie writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Great Car From Down Under — Great power from the V6 motor Build quality is good -the Aussies know how to put together a car Appearance is aggressive without being to flashy The car is absolutely fun to drive, it feels well planted in turns has plenty of power when you need it. GM....please reincarnate the car as a Chevy or Buick!!!

Pros: Aggressive styling, fun to drive, very comfortable

Cons: Not being made anymore...GM please reconsider and bring it back as a Chevy or Buick!!!

2008 Pontiac G8Review
jaredg8gt writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Love This Car — my g8 gt is the sweetest car I have ever driven. The performance is unbelievable. the fit and finish is such a vast improvement over previous pontiacs. A car you can feel cool in and still take the family out to dinner. I absoulutely love the car. sporty infinity's and lexus's look at you with envy knowing you can smoke them with ease. And for fuel economy, who the hell buys a 6.0 liter v8 for good gas mileage. Did I mention that I love this car!!

Pros: Looks, Power, Practicality, Quality, Price

Cons: Arn't any

Will writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Awesome Car!! — Performance – Acceleration, braking and handling on this car is phenomenal. There is a reason all of the car rags compare it to BMW.... Build Quality – Has not needed any repairs. Has nice and tight panel gaps. Appearance – The exterior has a very European flair, but with the Panther Black Metallic paint, it is fairly stealthy. The interior is very nicely styled (with the leather seats). Cost of Ownership – Hwy mileage is great for a 6.0L V8 - 27+ mpg. In town, it is a function of how much you can keep your foot out of it. Only other maintenance costs to date is oil changes. A little pricey as it takes almost 10 qts of oil. Fun Factor – This car is an absolute blast to drive. I ALWAYS enjoy driving it. Other- Tons of leg room for everyone, especially the back seat. Largest trunk in its class (17+ cu ft, Charger & Maxima both have 15 cu ft).

Pros: Great performance, styling and has a lot of utility

Cons: I wish I had more than 1!!

Mario writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Pontiac G8 Gt — Fast and sexy. What else could you want. 0-60 in about 4 seconds now, 1/4 mid to high 12's, huge breaks, great handling especially for a 4000 lb. car, amazing exterior styling, very nice and roomy interior, mileage sucks around time but is awsome on the highway and fun to drive id say is a 9.5 on a scale from 1 to 10.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Ass hole dealers, ridiculously restrictive stock air box and exhaust.

Dave writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

G8 First Look — Fast as hell and still a family car. The seats hug you well and the stereo cranks real nice, especially with 2000 watts pumping to two 12's in the trunk (my specialty). I get lots of great comments and a respectable MPG to boot! Definitely recommend this car!

Pros: Excellent performance

Cons: glove box pops open if you jump railroad tracks

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2008 Pontiac G8 20 reviews.

2009 Pontiac G8 Reviews

Review By Julian_3

Best car in the world Read More

Review By Michael

Personally Im a big fan of the Pontiac G8 to V8 sedan nice and roomy I love the body shape got the kind of a wide body look I give it three thumbs up but I only had two hands Read More

G8

Looking for a Used G8 in your area?

CarGurus has 130 nationwide G8 listings starting at $3,500.

Have you driven a 2008 Pontiac G8?