2006 Hyundai Sonata Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2006 Hyundai Sonata against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

Have you driven a 2006 Hyundai Sonata?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2006 Hyundai Sonata 20 reviews.

2006 Hyundai Sonata GL FWDReview
lorn13 writes:
Overall:

A Smooth Riding Family Car — We love driving it, and it provides a very effortlessly smooth ride. It gives me great peace of mind with the 6 airbags that surround our family at all times. It also has a great stability control mechanism, that compensates for unforeseen issues encountered on the road, such as speed around a turn or slick road conditions.

Pros: It has a spacious interior and a huge trunk.

Cons: Fuel efficiency is not as great as other smaller sedans, but we have always needed the extra space and added safety features, which makes up for the difference.

Sonata

Looking for a Used Sonata in your area?

CarGurus has 14,058 nationwide Sonata listings starting at $1,995.

2006 Hyundai Sonata V6 LX FWDReview
Laudia writes:
Overall:

Great Strider — I basically like everything about this car expect two things so far. 1) It seems to always be having some kind of emission issue. First it was the O2 sensor, then it was some vapor leak. Actually my check engine light is on now can't be bother to take it in till my next inspection, I know it has something to do w/ the emission system. 2) I don't know so much if this is an issue with the car of if I just got ripped off by the mechanic. Well, the 3rd light needed to be replace and in order for that to be done, the mechanic told me he had to remove the back seats. Can you say hiked up labor cost, cause I can. Now why would they manufacture a car where replacing a $2.00 blub cost me over $100??

Pros: Not expensive.  Handles well.

Cons: Check Engine light: Always emission issues

Nyongesa writes:
Overall:

Was Impressed And Now No Longer So.... It Has Aged Worse Than All Our Other Cars. — Thrashy engine, trim and interior quality is poor over the long run, Aged badly, transmission has always been a little clunky, and in constant need of service. Not yet up to japanese standards.........so you wont accept my review if it's not long enough?

Pros: With Hyundai you get allot of extra's, so in our case for just a little more than the 4cyl. from the competition we got a V6 with leather and CD, Airbags etc. it's quite powerfull for it's class, and has some solidity to it.

Cons: Where to start, for one, this NO! they have not yet caught up with the japanse, we now have had the car for 5 years, and the quality issues have begun to show up, door and other trim is comming off, rubber lining around the moonrof and allong the window casings is nasty, and has problems, sun visor on passengers side wont stay up, even after replacing it twice. Car is skittish over pot holes, and the transmission has problems, and yes we have serviced it with hyundai on time each time.

silveysales writes:
Overall:

Very Dependable Car, I Have No Ploblem Putting My Family In This Car And Driving Any Where. — This 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS has very good handling , power brakes and acceleration are touchy. I love the gas mileage and it is a nice looking family car. Standard Equipment items like automatic headlights, alloy wheels, leather steering wheel are nice things to have.

Pros: The 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS 6 cyl. V6 has very nice power, and the 24 mpg/city is a must have in todays market.

Cons: Every car maker has some kind of issues, this sonata has sunvisor and interior door handle problems. Not so bad.

thirdeye242 writes:
Overall:

Nice Family Car — I love my sonata and recently looked at the new model. It was a deal breaker cuz of the standard 4 cylinder, newer 2012 was also very noisy. the 06 is a great car and I will drive it till the wheels fall off. 94k miles and counting.. Headed to florida soon, which is about a 19hour drive and I'm looking forward to it in my nice, quiet, good gas mileage sonata!

Pros: great gas mileage, has a little pep to it, plenty of room for four adults, good trunk space, quiet engine

Cons: had some paint peeling issues

2006 Hyundai Sonata V6 LX FWDReview
marioblanca writes:
Accessories:
Battery Life:
Overall:

Powerful Engine With Great Acceleration And Handling. — Replaced the Hyundai battery twice and the last time installed a non-Hyundai battery with 5 years warranty. I would buy another Hyundai automobile, except for the service provided by the dealerships is way too expensive plus they add 10% on top of the normal bill for "Materials and supplies" an insult to consumers.

Pros: Latest accesories like Automatic Stability Control, heated front seats, adjustable steering wheel, lightly tinted glass, rear seat folds down leaving a large storage/carrying area, very functional auto.  Have enjoyed since I puchased new. Beautiful timeless design.

Cons: Engine is powerful and runs on regular gas, but  average miles per gallon is only in the 17 miles range (car is mostly driven in city).  This number is actual miles, with AC on and my driving style enoy acceleration.

Planeman writes:
Overall:

A Great Family Vehicl. I Would Not Hesitate To Buy Another Hyundai Product. — Overall I liked the car, Hyundai has come a long way on their quality. The engine and trans have been flawless and the V6 power is exceptional and very fuel efficient. I drive 80 mph on the freeway and I can still get 26-28 MPG according to the cars computer. The brakes could be stronger, but they are adequate. Comfort is good, road noise is a bit louder than I would like, but not bad. Maintenance has been routine. Just normal oil, brakes and tires in 105,000 miles. I did hit something on the freeway and tore up the plastic shields under the engine and punctured the radiator, but that was not the cars fault. a new OEM radiator was $120, not too bad. I am recommending that my daughter consider the Hyundai brand in her search for a new car.

Pros: The Sonata was bought on a whim after driving 2 consecutive Camrys.  I was not dissappointed at all.  This has been a great and very dependable car.  The V6 is very quick and responsive, fun to drive.

Cons: The audio system is weak, stations fade in and out.  Interior is somewhat cheaper than my prvious Camry for fit an finish.  The electronic display provides all kinds of useless information, but does not display the outside temp, big dissappointment.

MrToad writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Great Family Car, Especially For Tall Sons And Long Drives — This is a nice car. It gets terrible gas mileage with the 6-cylinder, but it has power to burn (good for uphill high-speed highway merges), the interior is very roomy and the fittings are about the best I've ever had in anything less than a 'luxury' sedan. It handles like a small sedan, looks good, and is cheaper to maintain than a Nissan, if not as solidly built. Camry comfort at a Corolla price, just not quite Toyota quality.

Pros: looks good, good engine, good drivetrain, solid design, well-built, very comfortable, very dependable

Cons: poor mileage

Josh writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Good Car For The Price And Can't Beat All The Safety Features. — The car overall is pretty good. The gas mileage on mine was not good at all. I got about 16 in the city and maybe 25 on the highway. The power is good it gets up and goes when you punch it. The car rides nice and is a good family car or for somebody looking for a new car and the warranty is great. I had to have the radio replaced for moisture and something squeaked in the seat and it was all covered no questions asked. I think Hyundai is gonna be equal to Toyota eventually. They are a good made car and solid and quite.

Pros: low noise and rides great.

Cons: no reason to avoid the car is a good car for the price.

2006 Hyundai Sonata GL FWDReview
Patrick writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Ok If You Find One With Low Miles. — Good car overall. Has a lot of power for only a four cylinder. Yet, during this model year and what i have experienced it will have electric problems. It can be a fun car to drive if you drive it for awhile and get to know what it can and can't do.

Pros: Its power even though its only a four cylinder and a midsize sedan.

Cons: Electical Problems.

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2006 Hyundai Sonata 20 reviews.

2022 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Review By Taina

I love this car. The features are top notch! It has all the options of a smart car, feels luxurious and I am happy with my purchase. My favorite features are: Ambient lighting Apple Car play Remote... Read More

Review By Guru9LDJRL

Ive only had for a short while but I love this car!! Nice, sleek and so far been fun to drive. Read More

2021 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Review By Jeffery

Plenty of features that come standard and I have the Nline with plenty of power. Read More

Review By JimP1914

Its cool I like it love the LED Headlights Read More

2020 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Review By Chris

This is my second Sonata. The first one was a 2008 at about the same trim level. I had upgraded the radio to an android tablet-based version with many of the features found in the newer model cars. ... Read More

Review By Guru9R1M7H

I really loved my Sonata overall until at 89,000 miles the transmission had to be replaced. The service department in my area is so bad I decided to never buy another Hyundai product. Read More

2019 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Review By JillHerbst

Heated seats, heated steering wheel! Comfortable and bearishly designed. Very happy with the 2019 sonata Read More

Review By David

This is our 3rd Hyundai Sonata since 2004,, for a midsize 4 door sedan they are a good bargain Read More

2018 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Review By Guru9B47VC

Absolutely love everything about my 2018 Hyundai Sonata Sport. I searched and searched and couldnt find anything until I came across CarGurus! So thank you guys, your website was more than helpful!! Read More

Review By Joe

Smooth, quiet ride. Handles nicely. Lane assist is a nice feature. Helps immensely in bad weather when lane lines are hard to see. Read More

Sonata

Looking for a Used Sonata in your area?

CarGurus has 14,058 nationwide Sonata listings starting at $1,995.

Have you driven a 2006 Hyundai Sonata?