Have you driven a 2005 Ford Five Hundred?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2005 Ford Five Hundred 20 reviews.

Ken writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Crossing My Fingers — When Ford made the mistake of calling the Taurus the Five Hundred and Mullaly (CEO of Ford Motor Company) knocked some sense back into the company, I wondered how this was going to make owners like me feel about having a vehicle that even Ford wasn't quite sure of. Well, I've gotten over it and this faux Taurus and precursor to the 2010 design change is what it is: a big car with an engine that's too small to energize you as a driver and looks that would make anyone say, "Eh." There have been recalls (rear brakes, harsh transmission shifts, etc) that have all affected me and my pocket book. But in the end, at 91K+ miles currently, 3 sets of wheels and regular oil changes have kept this Titanium Green honey going. It's my daily commuter. It's fine. And surprisingly getting me 27 mpg. I think it'll go another 80-90K, but that's crossing my fingers really, really hard.

Pros: She knows point A. She knows point B. She knows how to get from one to the other.

Cons: About as fun to drive as watching paint dry.

Five Hundred

Looking for a Used Five Hundred in your area?

CarGurus has 181 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $1,294.

2005 Ford Five Hundred SELReview
Vincent writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Great Car Overall. — Nice car, suits me just fine, as with most Fords. Only put gas and oil into her so far, may need some new wipers before winter hits, but other than that, she's just fine. If your going for a used car, I recommend this car.

Pros: It' a nice ride

Cons: Rear end sound

Monica writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

This Car Is Great For The Average Driver, Fast Enough .........but Not For Me — love the car but it's sure not the V8 I'm used to! only a 6 cyl... wish there were dome performance upgrades for it. I can get a K&N but not the whole intake. :( THat's my only real complaint.

Pros: very nice

Cons: not rear wheel drive like I'm used to. No smoki'n tires

Jesse writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Great Overall Car — - The car was not made for preformance -Build is fair -Appearance is blah -Cost is great, only regular maintence has been required -The cars fun because it is comfortable, is great in all weather and looks like an old man car lol

Pros: Big comfy car

Cons: You want a sporty car

2005 Ford Five HundredReview
Glenda writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

My Black Ford 500 — I like my Ford 500, because it is built Ford Tough. I also like the exterior, because it is made on the style of a luxury car. The gas mileage is okay, but not all that great. The car is very roomy, this is the largest car I have owned. It rides very smooth. I would recommend this car to a friend.

Pros: It is a very roomy car

Cons: The tires are very costly

Katie writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

The Best Car I've Ever Driven — This car is the best car I've ever driven! For being All Wheel Drive, we still manage to get almost 30 MPG on long trips! It's fun to drive although it does excellerate a little slower than some. I guess you have to sacrifice a little performance to get amazing gas mileage. It's SO comfortable and is very roomy. There's more room in the back seat of the Five Hundred than most cars have in their front seats. The trunk is large enough to hold 8 full golf bags. I would not trade this car for the world!

Pros: EVERYTHING

Cons: acceleration (gotta sacrifice something for fuel economy)

Kent writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

A Good Effort, But.... —

I bought this car because I'm getting old and figured it was time to get a grown-up car! Did a lot of research and decided that I got a lot of features for the money (I bought it when it was 1 1/2 years old). The fact that ath the time Five Hundred's were selling for a lot less than the competition on the resale market should have told me something.... Performance is okay. Acceleration won't cause any whiplash and no danger of detached retinas from the brakes, but both are adequate for commuting to work and running errands around town. The suspension is actually pretty darn good for such a big car, I'd even venture to characterize it as somewhat 'European'. I guess that's not too much of a stretch considering that it's based on a Volvo-derived platform. And I certainly did get an awful lot of features for not a whole lot of money. This car is absolutely loaded with bells and whistles that would have cost several thousand more on an Accord or Camry. Also, the interior of the car really has a pretty nice layout that I'd put up against any of the mid-level European or Japanese sedans--for looks. The quality of the materials is definitely not on par with the competition...lots of cheap feeling plastic that quite frankly I've found typical in American cars. General reliability has been pretty good so far, but there are some problems that I would classify more as design flaws. The CVT transmission is amazingly noisy and if I had to do it over again I'd opt for the non-AWD version with the 6-speed auto. Also, the power steering system puffs and wheezes like crazy during low-speed maneuvering which seems to be endemic to the first run of Five Hundreds (the new 'Taurus' version has a more advanced electric-assist system). There's also the tendency of the water drain system in the doors to clog which allow the doors to fill with water when it rains real hard. Where this car shines is on a cool, sunny day while crusing down the interstate with the sunroof open. Better than anything Ford's offered up until 2005, but the car could definitely benefit from a materials upgrade and a little more sweat in the details.

Pros: Solid handling, lots of features for the money.

Cons: Sub-par interior materials, overall engineering lacks sophistication.

Rich writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Ford Five Hundred — Performance is adequate Quality is good so far Styling is tame but adequate Very inexpensive for what you get Not really a fun car, but very comfortable with all the bells and whistles. Great gas mileage--average 26mph with mixed driving. Would definitely recommend so here are six more words...

Pros: Features, comfort, gas mileage

Cons: Plain jane appearance, even with it's new 2008 Taurus badging

Teebreezy writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

My Ford Five Hundred — Excellent car! I would recommend to all my friends. My car is really roomy inside and the trunk is really big. Both the appearence is nice and the Pirelli tires are great. I love to drive it because I think I am stylin' in it. I think I was either the first or second to get, and I look good in it.

Pros: The size ,color interior the wood grain inside leather seats and the sound system

Cons: it had problem with the recall the first year ,but the car is fabulous

Adam writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Got To Love The 6 Speed Transmission — While the new 08 Taurus models get more horsepower, the 3 liter in my Five can still make you smile, especially at highway speeds. Car is fully loaded and we are spoiled, even has the remote start and heated seats for the cold season.

Pros: Roomy, comfortable, quiet, safe

Cons: Not as sporty looking as some other sedans

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2005 Ford Five Hundred 20 reviews.

2007 Ford Five Hundred Reviews

Review By Phillip

These cars are made to last. My five hundred is heading to 300,000 miles. Very comfortable riding vehicle. I wouldnt mind having 3 of them. Read More

Review By HappyCamper10

My 2007 Ford Five Hundred is a FREAM! I couldnt have asked for anything better. It might be 13 years old, it it looks brand new and low.mileage to boot! Thanks Impotrts and .ire in Lenoir City, TN... Read More

2006 Ford Five Hundred Reviews

Review By Guru9VLLQZ

This Ford 500 replaces the one I had and very much enjoyed. It has all the bells and whistles mine had. Much bigger inside that the Fussion I had. Read More

Great For Families (race Drivers Beware) By VaughnSeller206

What can you say about your first car. It has never let me down, even after I drove over a round-about and popped all four tires, it still made the 5 mile trip to the auto-shop without a problem. Love... Read More

Five Hundred

Looking for a Used Five Hundred in your area?

CarGurus has 181 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $1,294.

Have you driven a 2005 Ford Five Hundred?