2005 Ford Five Hundred User Reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2005 Ford Five Hundred against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2005 Ford Five Hundred vs:

Have you driven a 2005 Ford Five Hundred?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 20 2005 Ford Five Hundred reviews.

Overall:

Great Overall Car — - The car was not made for preformance -Build is fair -Appearance is blah -Cost is great, only regular maintence has been required -The cars fun because it is comfortable, is great in all weather and looks like an old man car lol

Pros: Big comfy car

Cons: You want a sporty car

Five Hundred

Looking for a Used Five Hundred in your area?

CarGurus has 1,027 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $2,950.

2005 Ford Five Hundred Review
    Overall:

My Black Ford 500 — I like my Ford 500, because it is built Ford Tough. I also like the exterior, because it is made on the style of a luxury car. The gas mileage is okay, but not all that great. The car is very roomy, this is the largest car I have owned. It rides very smooth. I would recommend this car to a friend.

Pros: It is a very roomy car

Cons: The tires are very costly

Overall:

The Best Car I've Ever Driven — This car is the best car I've ever driven! For being All Wheel Drive, we still manage to get almost 30 MPG on long trips! It's fun to drive although it does excellerate a little slower than some. I guess you have to sacrifice a little performance to get amazing gas mileage. It's SO comfortable and is very roomy. There's more room in the back seat of the Five Hundred than most cars have in their front seats. The trunk is large enough to hold 8 full golf bags. I would not trade this car for the world!

Pros: EVERYTHING

Cons: acceleration (gotta sacrifice something for fuel economy)

Overall:

A Good Effort, But.... — I bought this car because I'm getting old and figured it was time to get a grown-up car! Did a lot of research and decided that I got a lot of features for the money (I bought it when it was 1 1/2 years old). The fact that ath the time Five Hundred's were selling for a lot less than the competition on the resale market should have told me something.... Performance is okay. Acceleration won't cause any whiplash and no danger of detached retinas from the brakes, but both are adequate for commuting to work and running errands around town. The suspension is actually pretty darn good for such a big car, I'd even venture to characterize it as somewhat 'European'. I guess that's not too much of a stretch considering that it's based on a Volvo-derived platform. And I certainly did get an awful lot of features for not a whole lot of money. This car is absolutely loaded with bells and whistles that would have cost several thousand more on an Accord or Camry. Also, the interior of the car really has a pretty nice layout that I'd put up against any of the mid-level European or Japanese sedans--for looks. The quality of the materials is definitely not on par with the competition...lots of cheap feeling plastic that quite frankly I've found typical in American cars. General reliability has been pretty good so far, but there are some problems that I would classify more as design flaws. The CVT transmission is amazingly noisy and if I had to do it over again I'd opt for the non-AWD version with the 6-speed auto. Also, the power steering system puffs and wheezes like crazy during low-speed maneuvering which seems to be endemic to the first run of Five Hundreds (the new 'Taurus' version has a more advanced electric-assist system). There's also the tendency of the water drain system in the doors to clog which allow the doors to fill with water when it rains real hard. Where this car shines is on a cool, sunny day while crusing down the interstate with the sunroof open. Better than anything Ford's offered up until 2005, but the car could definitely benefit from a materials upgrade and a little more sweat in the details.

Pros: Solid handling, lots of features for the money.

Cons: Sub-par interior materials, overall engineering lacks sophistication.

Overall:

Ford Five Hundred — Performance is adequate Quality is good so far Styling is tame but adequate Very inexpensive for what you get Not really a fun car, but very comfortable with all the bells and whistles. Great gas mileage--average 26mph with mixed driving. Would definitely recommend so here are six more words...

Pros: Features, comfort, gas mileage

Cons: Plain jane appearance, even with it's new 2008 Taurus badging

Overall:

My Ford Five Hundred — Excellent car! I would recommend to all my friends. My car is really roomy inside and the trunk is really big. Both the appearence is nice and the Pirelli tires are great. I love to drive it because I think I am stylin' in it. I think I was either the first or second to get, and I look good in it.

Pros: The size ,color interior the wood grain inside leather seats and the sound system

Cons: it had problem with the recall the first year ,but the car is fabulous

Overall:

Got To Love The 6 Speed Transmission — While the new 08 Taurus models get more horsepower, the 3 liter in my Five can still make you smile, especially at highway speeds. Car is fully loaded and we are spoiled, even has the remote start and heated seats for the cold season.

Pros: Roomy, comfortable, quiet, safe

Cons: Not as sporty looking as some other sedans

Overall:

In Love — I love this car. It is comfortable and handles all my daily needs well. I have not put much money into this car for repairs but the major items I have replaced have been tires and the airbag deployment thingamajig. Most reliable car I have owned.

Pros: Very reliable,heated seats,good visibility as windows are large enough to see other objects, moon roof, roomy trunk.

Cons: Hanger for clothes is poorly designed and basically unusable, 18" tires costly to replace, the paint finish does scratch easily.

says:
    Initially troubled electronics, but mechanically reliable and dependable car.
    Power Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid worse.
    "The old 3 l V6 is a little too small and really has to work to get this car to move especially loaded with a family of 4 and luggage. The engine change later for the Taurus was certainly needed."
    Handling Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid worse.
    "The seating is a little higher and one feels more in command of the road. Cornering and stability feels better in the Fusion"
    Looks/Style Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid worse.
    "Styling of the 500 is pretty bland and conservative, nothing to get excited about, but also nothing people will get upset about."
    Back Seats Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid worse.
    "This car is almost a limousine with lots of room and comfortable seats on long road trips"
    Cargo Capacity Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid worse.
    "The Fivehundred with the backbench down and the front passenger seat folded can accommodate 10 long boards for the sundeck. - Obviously the Hybrid with a battery in the back reduces available trunk space."
    Family Car Ranked 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid worse.
    "The 500 has a lot of room, everyone can stretch their feet"
    says:
    Much more comforting ride. Handles a lot better. Black leather seats, burn your legs in the summer. 29 miles to the gallon of gas.
    Power Ranked 2014 Ford C-Max SEL Energi worse.
    "More pick up."
    Handling Ranked 2014 Ford C-Max SEL Energi worse.
    "The C-Max was hard to keep straight on the road on a windy day."

Displaying 11 - 20 of 20 2005 Ford Five Hundred reviews.

2007 Ford Five Hundred Reviews

Serves It's Intended Purpose Well By SLK55

Bought used so wasn't as pristine as I would have liked, and it's black so keeping it looking nice isn't the easiest task. We love the big car ride and that Ford parts and repairs are reasonable, comp... Read More

Work Car By johnmatkinson1

Great car with tons of room for a sedan. Gas mileage is awesome for the way I drive it. Good looking car for a sedan, good stance, good handling, tires are costly to replace. Passenger front seat f... Read More

2006 Ford Five Hundred Reviews

Great For Families (race Drivers Beware) By VaughnSeller206

What can you say about your first car. It has never let me down, even after I drove over a round-about and popped all four tires, it still made the 5 mile trip to the auto-shop without a problem. Love... Read More

Great Looking Car...but..... By bill91852

This throttle body, surging, erratic dash gauge light issue has put a damper on an otherwise great car. Fords inability to acknowledge or to take interest in these issues makes one wonder if they woul... Read More

Cars compared to 2005 Ford Five HundredPeople researching a 2005 Ford Five Hundred contacted a dealer about

Five Hundred

Looking for a Used Five Hundred in your area?

CarGurus has 1,027 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $2,950.

Have you driven a 2005 Ford Five Hundred?