2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 User Reviews

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 vs:

Have you driven a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4?

Displaying 51 - 57 of 57 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 reviews.

Overall:

Fun Car Cant Beat It For The Price — -Pretty fast, dominate mustangs the only ones that have a chance are the Cobras that sad consdering the 40K price tag. - Great on gas, My car has some mods that pushes it to about 300hp at the wheels and I get about 25 mpg love it. - Lowering kit makes for an extremely bumpy ride but if you like hardcore sport performance it is the way to go. - The car shift smooth and I love how the clutch is heavy make a good feel wth the power. - If you like to drag this car is quick but one issue is the front wheel drive layout.. :( ...It tough to keep the tires hooked. The stock exhaust that comes on these sounds pretty good I love this car and im very pleased. One thing to look for is to be sure the upper charge tube is not wore or leaking that will reduce performance greatly , I recommend getting an aluminum upper charge tube.

Pros: Fast: Good on Gas: Looks great

Cons: Interior Feels Cheap (im used to leather), seats uncomfortable at first but now i likem

Overall:

Amazing Car At A Reasonable Cost. — The car was great. I can not wait to get another one! The car looks too much like a regular neon until you whip by. The car out of the dealership is amazing. The exhaust is probably one of the meanest sounding factory exhaust out there. Also if you buy the Mopar performance parts it is covered under the warranty. They have everything you need to optimize the performance of your SRT-4.

Pros: Lightweight. Performance parts from Mopar are warrantied and effective. Factory viper racing seats. Factory performance exhaust. Ability to add on performance parts when buying the car. Too much to list. Only one con.

Cons: Front wheel drive. If you put too much power into it you lose traction and time.

Overall:

Stupid Fast! — Kinda missing her now. well the speed and power. she was fairly cheep to mod and easy to get power out of and a really stong engine.

Pros: 2.4 turbo... got her up to 429HP 440 TQ to the wheels stock internals no problems.

Cons: cheep domestic interior and build quality. not the greatest suspension

Overall:

Just Like Heaven To Drive — 2.4 liter turbo k&n cold air intake, pionieer in dash dvd player, full lowering kit, 17" BFG G -Force tires, Viper Racing seats.

Pros: Lots of power for hwy and town driving, gets lots of looks

Cons: can't drive in winter

Accessories:
    Appearance:
    Battery Life:
    Daily Commute:
    Visibility:
    Warranty:
    Weight:
    Overall:

It Is Fast, Fun To Drive, Comfortable And Reliable — I think that the SRT-4 is quite possibly the best of the sport tuner cars out there. Sure, it's not AWD like the lancer and Impreza, but it is much cheaper than either of those two and gives you an experience that is more than worth the price tag. The viper style racing seats hug you and the interior is arranged perfectly to accommodate the driver. It can run with the best of them, pinning you to the seat with surprisingly little wheel spin. An altogether perfect package put together by the SRT boys and Dodge.

Pros: Fast, comfortable, looks good, doesn't feel cheap

Cons: hard to work on, 4 doors

Overall:

Great Value, Extreme Potential, Tank Of A Motor, Good Handling Potential With Mods. — I purchased this car unwittingly, only to discover I got a lot more than I thought. For the price (factoring in other new rides, yes we all know you can supe up a used car on the cheap), it has been the single best performing and most reliable car I've owned. I had an 03 for 25k with zero issues, and I currently own an 04 with 140k, with the only issues so far being the ever common throttle positioning sensor wire needing to be extended (some come too short from the factory, causing them to either pull on the socket under torque, or wear against other things, also due to torque.), and a bad fuel pump that failed at around 75k (the car did not die the pump was symptomatic and the car was never out of commission). A little disappointing, but I replaced it with a better one for 120 on my own time. Acceleration: Very good, very torquey Braking: The brakes are amazing. Some newer cars had better ones, but this car was stopping in line with some Ferraris back in 2003. Handling: Stock handling really isn't that great. One set of coilovers and wheels with good rubber will put you in a very very good position however. Build Quality: In my experiences, mechanically sound. Some squeaks at age, but nothing terrible. Interior looks brand new outside of my personal abuses. Appearance: Many of us owners are partial to our cars. I'm not a huge fan of the car's looks honestly. I removed the wing and lowered it as quickly as I could. Wheels are nearly a must, stockers are 6". Stock rubber isn't too shabby, but is one of the quicker handling improvements you can do. Gas Mileage: Some people have issues... I believe they are leadfoots. I rarely get below 25mpg a tank unless I am boosting early and often. If I am controlled, my tanks get between 28-30mpg, and occasionally with extra highway driving I have hit 33mpg.

Pros: Great speed, decent handling, cheap price

Cons: If you hate high powered FWD, stay away

Overall:

Get This Car If You Want A Fast Sports Car For Cheap That Can Seat 5 — 0-60 in 6 seconds. Quarter mile in 13.7 seconds. Super fast! It is a neon so it doesn't have an amazing amount of gadgets but it is built to impress. Interior and exterior is very nice on the eyes. I get at least 20 mpg city and as high as 27 mpg highway depending on how I drive. It doesn't not cost much to maintain but it does need high end oil, and premium (93 octane) gas. I would recommend this car to anyone that prefers performance and function over gadgets and plush interiors.

Pros: Super fast and fun

Cons: Not the safest car in the world

Displaying 51 - 57 of 57 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 reviews.

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Reviews

Wow, Just Wow By Nate

This car is my all time favorite car. I've owned more then a few and If I could make it happen I would buy another one in a heartbeat. There is something about driving this car and looking at the peop... Read More

Over All Impression Of The Car Is Fair. By Dbags

Like a lot of things. Dislike a little. Its not a bad car over all. It's small to fit in to smaller places. This has came in handy a lot of times. I don't really have to much bad to say about the car.... Read More

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Reviews

Great Childish Fun, But Probably Asking For It (whatever That May Mean) By migration_NFaoliu

After I graduated high school in 2005, I was determined to get a nice car to start off my adult life. Unbeknowngst to my parents (and obviously against their wishes), my best friend and I took off to... Read More

It's A Good Car For A Young Driver That Wants A Little Boost. By Nina

The neon is okay. The turbo gives it some speed, but it's nothing special. I'm more of a Cobra girl. We way overpaid for it. It's probably only worth half of what we paid for it now. The only coo... Read More

Cars compared to 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4People researching a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 contacted a dealer about

Neon SRT-4

Looking for a Used Neon SRT-4 in your area?

CarGurus has 37 nationwide Neon SRT-4 listings starting at $4,999.

Have you driven a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4?