Have you driven a 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 20 reviews.

Teon writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

My Neon — This has been a dream car for me. Best performaning car I've have ever own. Still trying to get my body kit painted. But I have nothing but love for my her. Quality and mpg are great even with the added weight and custom parts. Just look out when she's done.

Pros: Gas mileage, system,

Cons: They stopped making them with this design and needs more horsepower

Holly Renee writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Not A Winter Car! — I was not a fan of this car overall. The performance was good. The car was fast b/c it was so light. I got into an accident with this car and came out unharmed, but the body was really jacked up. Handling was okay. Interior styling was boring, however, gas mileage was great. This car was not that fun to drive compared to other sporty cars. It was also not good at all in the snow and rainy weather! I guess I am not much of an American car fan ;(

Pros: Gas mileage, cost

Cons: Winter/wet weather performance, Interior styling, exterior body

Jack writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Srt4 G5 Rally Car — a purpose built Group 5 rally car. assembled in 2001 from a Neon BIW using pre-production SRT4 running gear & raced in SCCA Pro-Rally in 2002, 2003, & 2004 as a part of the MOPAR factory supported team which consisted of a total of five of these SRT4s. This was one of the less equipped versions of the five but still very well put together.

Pros: kinda rare, very fast in a straight line, lots of fun

Cons: very fast in a straight line but competeing in a sport which includes corners :(

Nicholas writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

I Love This Car. — As far as I am concerned, this car is amazing. It is not as nice as some of the more expensive performance cars, but if you are looking for the best bang for your buck, this is a great option. It is light weight, and fast. It handles really well, but on the down side it is a front wheel drive. not too bad of a downside though

Pros: light weight, good acceleration, inexpensive, good handling

Cons: front wheel drive (doesn't get good traction off the line), no power windows in the back.

Tim writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

2003 Dodge Neon Srt-4 — Love everything! The accelerations is amazing! Yes its turbo charged. It brakes as well as any car i've had. Its handling isn't the best. This car was built to go in a straight line. The car is strong stock, but once you start upgrading things you'll probably start to break stuff. Get great gas mileage too when I'm going easy on it. 22/27 mpg. Been the funnest car I've ever had! Yes its a neon on steroids! Solar Yellow FTW!!! LOL

Pros: Awesome Power!

Cons: Front Wheel Drive

Geoff writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Quick And Cheap — its a good lil car not a daily driver and has a stage 2 kit on it im happy handles great for a stock set up

Pros: Turbo

Cons: FWD, headlights (go HID)

Jason2269 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Fastest Car Possible For $20,000 Hands Down — I have been very happy with this vehicle, I have 90k miles on it and not had ANY mechanical problems with the motor, and no reliability issues. The only problem is the vehicle is too powerful for the stock transmission, I have had to replace parts a few times, excellent acceleration, excellent handling, excellent braking. This vehicle also takes very well to being modified....eats it up!

Pros: Speed, Handling, Braking, 4 cup holders ;-)

Cons: Transmission goes out after awhile

Kalvin writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Straight Line Fast, With A Smile On Your Face Every Time — This is a great car with lots of room for upgrades. The turbo spools fast and pulls hard all the way through the gears

Pros: fast, cheap

Cons: front wheel drive

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Turbo FWDReview
Overall:

Great Childish Fun, But Probably Asking For It (whatever That May Mean) —

After I graduated high school in 2005, I was determined to get a nice car to start off my adult life. Unbeknowngst to my parents (and obviously against their wishes), my best friend and I took off to a Dodge dealership and test drove a 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4. He had a 2003 Subaru WRX, and we both had just seen Fast and Furious, and we were all about starting up our own car club but I HAD to get a better car. My 1992 Camaro RS with a V6 just didn't cut it - especially after I crashed it and one side of the car was very amateurishly repaired with different colored body panels and passenger door. Also, I eventually lost one of my T-tops because I mistakenly took off without securing them, so over the passenger seat was several white trash bags that I jerry-rigged with duct tape as a makeshift roof. So you can see... I needed a better car for the car club! It was actually my friend's idea and I just kind of went along for the ride... if I ended up with a SRT-4, GREAT! If not... no problems, as long as I got a test drive. What is a Dodge Neon SRT-4? Its the first SRT model car that Dodge produced; SRT stands for Street and Racing Technology (they couldn't get away with Street Racing Technology, so they had to put "and" between street and racing - its the politically correct thing to do). Later on, this performance division of Chrysler would be its own stand-alone brand. The Dodge Neon SRT-4 was marketed as the most powerful compact sedan with an MSRP under $20,000. I think Dodge got away with it because they ripped out so much of the car to fit in all the "street and racing" upgrades (like bigger tires, a bigger engine, and so on). Basically the Neon SRT-4 is just a sport car. A lot of people would rag on it, rather than recognize it for its performance and its potential. Back in the day, I'd argue with friends that it could perform on par with a Nissan 350z. Could it really? Interestingly enough, I'd come to drive both these cars - both from the same year, 2003, and both bone stock. No... the SRT-4 is not as quick as a 350z, but with some basic modifications that you'd see on any SRT-4 car, it would put up a fight down the 1/4 track. It may be able to corner as fast as 350z, but you'd be pushing it while cornering is the Z's biggest asset - handling is what the Z does, its designed head to toe for real track performance. At the end of the day, the SRT is indeed a Neon and all Neon SRT's start life as a simple Dodge Neon. You can put as much racing technology into it as you want, but the simple fact is the platform is a Neon... That being said... the test drive was awesome! Sure it's bested by the much more powerful Nissan 350z, but the package works on the street. Driving the Neon was the first time I had driven a car with a turbocharger, and to feel that boost kick in was intense. Bare in mind, my daily driver is a 1992 V6 Camaro... maybe 140hp. This was 215hp in the Neon SRT and the car made sure you knew it as the turbo spooled up in a surge of power and acceleration, then the pressure released as you shift gears letting off a sharp chirp from the blow off valve. For what it is, the SRT is a fun car to drive. Very childish fun. Then the smile is wiped off my face, as I tried to explain to my parents that I needed a co-sign for a $18,000 car loan ASAP. Needless to say, I went back home to a broken down Camaro RS with nothing more than a hope and a dream. If I became rich enough to own my dream garage, as ridiculous as the Neon SRT is, I'd have it parked right next to its big brother... the Viper SRT-10. I don't judge, and I know exactly why people love these cars and I have to say, I like them too.

Pros: 4 door sedan, turbocharged power, fast and sporty, way too much fun!

Cons: As great as it is, its still just a Neon...

Matt writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

If You Can Find It Buy It. — all done by myself lol. meaning i have Added some suspension upgrades which improved its handling to be Amazing. acceleration if you can get the grip you need and not burn out. it's incredible. tough as nails 110,000 miles and still going strong. not bad on gas if you can keep off the boost :) SUPER FUN to drive and i need to go back to the track. the last time down the 1/4 mile i made a 14.5 at 96 mph and hoping to break 13s the next time i go :)

Pros: the sound and knowing not much can beat you.

Cons: the gas and speeding

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 20 reviews.

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Reviews

Review By Brian

Great car for the money, lots of fun make me feel young agsin Read More

Review By Scott

I love this car. I need on in my life. Read More

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Reviews

Review By GuruJQKGM

All around great car fast fun and very economical Read More

Review By Jared_C123

I like the car, overall really nice part of history, owner did not take good care of the car before so it has issues but I plan on making this car return to it’s former glory and have a blast in it. Read More

Neon SRT-4

Looking for a Used Neon SRT-4 in your area?

CarGurus has 13 nationwide Neon SRT-4 listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Have you driven a 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4?