2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

Have you driven a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 20 reviews.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WDReview
karenbos writes:
Long Trips:
Visibility:
Overall:

Don't Do It. —

Pros, well....ah....let me think. I'll get back to that? Cons: your website isn't large enough. Don't even consider getting one of these! There is no interior room. It might be big enough if you are single with no pets. The back end kind of scoops up at the corners. Not sure what kind of look Jeep was goin for with that, but it really cuts down on interior space. It's a very narrow vehicle so make sure you love the person you're traveling with. You're going to be close all day, and I mean close! Mechanically? Forget it. We had this darn thing in constantly. Some kind of cooling issue caused the engine to overheat and we had to replace it. Then had transmission issues. It blew through brakes like we rode down hill both ways to work with our foot on the pedal the whole way. The vents never worked right. It was noisy. We crossed our fingers every time we had to start it. Our mechanic became our best friend, and all of the mechanics in town knew who we were. I hated this vehicle. Sitting in the back seat? Well make sure you're nimble because you have to lift your leg a certain way to get your foot out from behind where the frame hugs the side of the vehicle. Just know you're legs might be numb and cramping from not having any room before you even attempt to get out! Pros? I liked the color. Very pretty color. Yah, the color was nice!

Pros: Hmmmm...give me minute. I'm sure I can think of something! The color was nice.

Cons: They shouldn't even call this an SUV. There is no interior room at all. Forget packing anything for a trip unless you're single!

Grand Cherokee

Looking for a Used Grand Cherokee in your area?

CarGurus has 39,672 nationwide Grand Cherokee listings starting at $871.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoReview
Michelle writes:
Overall:

Get's It Done — I love the spaciousness and the fact that I can be a little rough with it. Some maintenance issues but overall a good car. My car is getting to be high mileage but doesn't seem to be slowing down yet. I think I can keep it for another 5 years possibly.

Pros: Lots of space, great for carrying things around, feels really cozy and drives well enough

Cons: Have had some minor maintenance issues such as the drain line backing up into the front seat but it was an easy fix. Radiator has a small slow leak that is also a common problem with the brand.

yz250chick writes:
Off-Road:
Parking:
Visibility:
Overall:

Pleasantly Surprised And Happy Jeep Owner — Parking/ebrake drum configuration is a real bear. Don't understand why they did it that way on this vehicle. The ebrake drum shoes are expensive at $30/pair and they are a pain in the butt to work on. The rest of the brakes on all four corners are disc with ABS so it stops really well. The Quadradrive 4x4 system works wonderfully in the central Oregon ever changing road conditions. Really grips the road well and the system works quietly without any clunking (like my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado K1500) or growling (like my old 2005 Chevrolet Equinox AWD). Turns really tight. Great for maneuvering in small areas.

Pros: Strong, powerful 4.7 V8, rain sensing windshield wipers, auto headlamps, heated seats, TPMS

Cons: Seems to be more body roll than I'm used to in an SUV

Jay writes:
Overall:

Great — I like the car in general, the only think I don't like is the 4 high all time. the jeep is much better than my 93 ford explorer which had 320k miles on it. great vehicle in all love it

Pros: great car

Cons: awd uses to much gas

Eric writes:
Overall:

Love My Jeep — Love my Jeep. Great in the sand, mud, woods, trails, anything that comes its way! Very nice limited edition package has everything plus more to offer. Lots of power with the 4.7 Liter Powertech engine that gets not to shabby mileage. Not my first Jeep nor will it be the last.

Pros: Everything.

Cons: Nothing.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4WDReview
Mummyluv09 writes:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Great Luxury Ride — Overall, I found this vehicle enjoyable, safe and dependable to drive. There was plenty of space for the all demands of my job, running a business and being a mom. I would recommend this vehicle to other moms looking for a vehicle that does it all.

Pros: This vehicle has a lot of luxuries that I have never had on another vehicle.
The heated leather seats are great for winter.
The remote radio controls on the steering wheel meant I could keep my hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road.
We added a remote start to make it warm and cozy in winter and cool in summer for our little one prior to driving.
The cargo space is large enough for a stroller, full shopping trip and then some.
  For all of the luxury, this vehicle also makes a reliable family vehicle with plenty of space for a family of up to 5.

Cons: The mpg for this vehicle makes it a little more expensive to drive due to the all-time 4 wheel drive and V8,  but that's to be expected with a larger engine/vehicle.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee OverlandReview
tjmalys34 writes:
Overall:

Cassy — This car is very good at handling dips or bumps in the road. It has unbelievably good traction and acceleration. The gas milage has yet to find a way to increase in efficiency and the sunroof needs to be fixed.

Pros: The handling is amazing as well as the acceleration.

Cons: The fuel economy is terrible and the rear passenger doors do not open from the inside.

Brandon writes:
Overall:

Great Suv For Anyone! — Great vehicle for a new driver and it's no sissy either. The Jeep can handle itself well on and off the road and it is currently stock. The car has a timeless look and is yet to appear dated on the road. I still get people checking it out when I'm driving.

Pros: Great handling and power.

Cons: Nothing

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WDReview
Dudman5703 writes:
Overall:

Eeep — Well, I drove this allot for its mileage ( my other gets 12mpg highway) and well in the winter I found out you can't have to much fun in these, they get stuck very easily. Has the bulletproof 4.0 which is a great engine, and the trans is alright. I love the fulltime 4wd which is just like my other jeeps.

Pros: Nice family style SUV made for very light offroading

Cons: Gets stuck very easily compared to my other vehicles

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee OverlandReview
James writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

A Good Car If You Don't Mind Poor Gas Mileage And Can Diagnose And Repair Electrical Issues — This is a sharp looking vehicle with lots of power and a capable all wheel drive system. The electrical issues with this vehicle are frustrating, though they can be resolved, at a price of time and/or money. A good vehicle for towing trailers and hauling cargo.

Pros: Lot's of power, all wheel drive, good towing

Cons: electrical issues

Displaying 11 - 20 of 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 20 reviews.

2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews

Review By Guru92L7FF

I have a Laredo that comes with a lot of safety features. The inside is beautiful. The cloth seats are so comfortable. I think it’s a great car for the price range. Read More

2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews

Review By Guru92R3MS

Only thing I did not like from the summit is that is does not come with standard wireless charging. Read More

Review By GuruXJ1Z

I’m totally elated the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summits “are competing with upscale vehicles like Range Rover two-tone models for a fraction of the cost. I definitely look forward to purchasing a 20... Read More

2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews

Review By Guru9RLCJT

This car’s features are really good but lacks on a few things unless you upgrade to the Limited or Overland edition. The seats are leather trimmed but has a suede material in the center. Full leather ... Read More

Review By Guru92Y6HP

Real nice vehicle drives really well highly recommend for everyone Read More

2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews

Review By Larry

It was perfect! I looked at several hundred other vehicles and picked this one! Read More

Review By Chris

Color inside and out. Low miles. Great price. Car Details were great. Read More

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews

Review By Guru92S3H1

The Jeep is Great! Everything I was looking for, This was a total online transaction. It went off without any problems Read More

Review By dangr1973

Has both luxury and durability. Great vehicle Read More

Grand Cherokee

Looking for a Used Grand Cherokee in your area?

CarGurus has 39,672 nationwide Grand Cherokee listings starting at $871.

Have you driven a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee?