1989 Chevrolet Camaro User Reviews

1989 Chevrolet Camaro Top Comparisons

Users ranked 1989 Chevrolet Camaro against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

1989 Chevrolet Camaro vs:

Have you driven a 1989 Chevrolet Camaro?

Displaying 51 - 60 of 62 1989 Chevrolet Camaro reviews.

Overall:

A Great First Car To Really Get A Begineers Feel Of How A Sports Car Feels, Sounds, And Drives. — This is an awsome car for anyone young kid that wants a hot looking sports car for a low price and a deep roaring engine with some decent pick up. I great first car for sure.

Pros: -Pretty inexpensive.
    -Has a loud, deep, roaring engine (Very cool very sexy).
    - Very dependable if you know the basics of car repairs and change the oil regularly.
    - Has T-Tops which are always fun.
    - Lots of room and space under the hood, that make it much easier for self-car repairs.
    - Has a very big and open back windsheild, which makes for very easy visablilty of the road behind you, plus has very small blind spots.
    -The automatic transmission comes with overdrive which makes for surprisingly good gas-mileage for a V-8. ( I would say around 18 miles a gallon).
    - You are able to find any part you need at a Junk Yard, these baby's are a dime a dozen and can be found all over for replacement parts. (A little elbow greese goes a far way).
    - Lots of foot room for the driver and front passenger of the car.
    - Runs extremly well on long drives (Driving from San Deigo to Los Vegas for example) where you have a long stretch of road, while driving 70-80 mph.
    - Not too crazy of speed or acceleration and is very easy to handle.
    - A great first car.

Cons: -Though it has some good pick up, it isnt that fastest car on the road.
    - If you have T-Tops on your model expect lots of leaks (Rain can be a huge bummer and soak your two back seats).
    - Once this car hits 130,000 miles driven, expect all original engine parts to begin giving out and needing to be replaced within the next 6-8 months (This may vary depending on if you change your oil regulary and know the basics of car repairs).
    - Engine will get very hot (but not overheat) when driving in stop-start traffic.(I would suggest not buying this car if you live in L.A. for example, but if you do. I suggest buying a after-market radiator fan or a lower temperature release thermostat.)
    - If you do your own car repairs, replaceing the speedometer can be very unpleasent. (I would suggest going to a pick-N-pull and tearing  into a junked camaro to understand how you will replace it.)
    - Has a pretty long nose; Can make it hard to proceed with short turns and parking in small and narrow places.
    - With windows rolled up you will still hear a feint wind blowing sound as if your window was still rolled down just a little bit.
    - When the windows are rolled down you do not get alot of wind circulation through the car when driving at low speeds do to the angle of the windows.
    - I would not buy this car unless you can change your oil regularly (Chevy sports cars will run forever, but only if you know basic car repairs and can do all the basic check ups and fluid replacements regulary.)
    - Very small leg room and over all room for any people that will be sitting in the back two seats (basically the back to seats are for is someone really needs to hitch a ride otherwise don't be expecting to have four people in the car daily.)
    - Requires premium gas, which can be a con. I think of it as the cost of a fun toy.
    - Does not have the best gas millage under 20 miles a gallon.
    - Has a very loud engine so if your looking for something quite this isnt the car for you.

Camaro

Looking for a Used Camaro in your area?

CarGurus has 39,405 nationwide Camaro listings starting at $2,995.

Overall:

Everything A Car Should Be — My camaro has a 2.8L V6 and it is everything a car should be. It looks great, drives great, the 5-speed tranny gets you great gas mileage, and has really decent power and you wont pay so terribly much for insurance.

Overall:

Original Owner — Love the body style, and the handling. Get alot of offers to sell! But never will! Runs like a top and gets great freeway milage. Just drove it across country and that was fun!

Owner for 18 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:15,000

Overall:

My Heart And Soul On Four Wheels. — I got my first camaro back in 1998, she's the one in the avatar pic. Her name is Betseyblue. She's a baby v6 with 5spd and one heck of an attitude. I had just had my son 2yrs earlier so it was a awesome car for him to grow up in, She always got great gas milage when I was commuting from college to visit my parents. Great response around corners and avoiding deer or any other critter that tried to cross when I was going 70mph. I just recently got her back, and am debating on letting her go, which is very hard for me due to her being such a great car. She was sold only because I had recieved my fathers truck and I coudlnt afford to keep two vehicles at the same time. Even though, its been over 3yrs since I sold her, and she sat outside for some of that time during the seasons, I got her back. Now she sits in my driveway, but starts up every time and purrs like a kitten. She's got a bad frame, so I'm debating what to do with her. But its hard to let go of such a beauty, so for now, she sits while I try to do what I can with her in the mean time with a limited budget. Overall, my rating for this type of car, is 5 stars all the way! This is a car you can fall in love with, even if you never meant too.

Owner for 5 years, 5 months

Miles Driven per Year:20,000

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible Review
    Overall:

I Think It Is A Great Car! — I think it is a great car. It gets good gas milelage. Stays clean looking. Has great pull to it. V8 305 model is awesome. We have t-tops and they are so great in the summer.

Owner for 1 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:1,000

1989 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z Review
    Overall:

I Own A 89 Iroc Lots Of Horsepower And Lots Of Fun — it is the best car i have ever owned it has alot to offer in handling and horsepower. it rides like a sports car on rough roads but on the inerstate it runs and rides like a cloud.

Owner for 1 years, 2 months

Miles Driven per Year:5,000

1989 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z Review
    Overall:

Chevrolet Starting To Get It Right. — I owned an 1989 IROC as well as a 1986 IROC. The TPI injection produced tons of BHP. And I remember being pinned to the seat the first time I really got into the throttle. I currently own a 1989 Camaro RS I got this car as I project car. But I can recommend the IROC model as it is great right from the showroom floor.And now there are tons of after market products to really get the power this car is able to produce. I know of many peolpe that have only gotten 400BHP and more from these cars. Good luck and enjoy your car. Thats the most inportant thing in any car that you own. Enjoy it and take great care of it. Terry L White

Owner for 3 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:10,000

Overall:

The Only Car In The World. — This is my third Camaro,and I plan to keep this one.I have many plans for it.Even though i'ts fine the way it is.Handles great,enough power for most people(I always want more).And to me this is the best of the body styles after the seventies.I drive it everyday,and will continue to do so.

Owner for 2 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:7,000

1989 Chevrolet Camaro Review
    Overall:

I Own A 1989 Rs Camaro And I Love It, Starting Problems At Times,but A Great Ride — I paid about $2600.00 when i got it and spent $4000.00 in fixing it up and it runs great. All the interior is good and no cracks in the dash board or nothing and even the ceiling is flat and not hanging. The mileage is 297000 and still going strong.

Owner for 2 years, 2 months

Miles Driven per Year:9,000

Overall:

A Work In Progress. — The lack of horsepower and a better gear ratio from the factory would have been nice. There are also some models that will be worth a chunk of change in the future. I wish that the upgrades weren't so exspensive. Having a serp. belt and not the old V-belts set up.

Pros: It's a chevrolet for starters. Parts are easy to find an usually cheaper in price. There are many upgradeable suspension parts for front and the rear. You can use the sway bars from an I-Roc Z/28. They are slightly larger in size and performance link kits and bushing that improve handling. That's what I've done intil I save the money it takes to buy upper and lower control arms. I know every bolt and nut size an it's location. I've built 3 different years of 3rd. gens. You can adjust your pinion angle for better traction by installing a aftermarket component that mounts to the tail end of the tranny.

Cons: Not a full framed under carriage. Needs a rack and pinion like the 4th generation. The steering sucks @$$!!!!!! The biggest con is that it isn't a 1st. Gen.

Displaying 51 - 60 of 62 1989 Chevrolet Camaro reviews.

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

People Will Tell You It's Better Than A Mustang By Crumpler

Love the the halo ring HID head lights, rear LED's and 20" rims. They make for a great mean look. 2015 Camaro is loaded with options for a fair price. 426 HP makes for fun driving. I have a 2013 Musta... Read More

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Great To Drive! By Kenappel

I really enjoy the styling and performance. However, I hope that they can work to fuel efficiency going forward. However, our overall impression of the Camaro is very positive. We go on more road t... Read More

Love It!! By JanesCarAddiction

This is my second camaro. I really love that it fits me and all my friends, and family. I was really worried that the car would be to manly for a girl but its not. Lots of people ask me about my car a... Read More

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Racing Car With Road Car Robe By LGT

You just want to hear engine sound, but if you exagerate, you will hear policeman too... This is a perfect car with a good balance of fun, ride and hapiness. You feel the power and the car want to giv... Read More

Frostbite By Joseph

I love this car, it is a lot of fun, and always is turning the head of others. Recommended for those whom are looking to have fun, but who still like to have the room of a back seat. Awesome! Read More

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Power And Looks Blended With Uniqueness And Style By suwaneeguy

Converting a Chevy Camaro ZL1 into a Trans Am look alike is not as difficult as you might think. The Camaro ZL1 is a powerful car with great handling. This is definitely no family car. I also wouldn't... Read More

Big Smiles By Sarraey

I like everything about this car. Fun and enjoyable, heads up display, smooth ride and just cruisin around with other camaro's around town, Hint using a clay bar will help bring out the depth of the c... Read More

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

I Loved This Car By tsagarro

I really enjoyed this car and so did my family and friends. Great body style, love the stripe package on it, and all its other characteristics. No major maintenance besides oil changes, and brake repl... Read More

Drive It Like You Stole It. By nicoles2013

I once heard someone say "If you don't look back every time you walk away from your car, you're not in love with it". Not only do I look back, but I giggle like a 5 year old because it's all mine! I... Read More

Cars compared to 1989 Chevrolet CamaroPeople researching a 1989 Chevrolet Camaro contacted a dealer about

Camaro

Looking for a Used Camaro in your area?

CarGurus has 39,405 nationwide Camaro listings starting at $2,995.

Have you driven a 1989 Chevrolet Camaro?