Have you driven a 1983 Chevrolet Camaro?

Displaying 11 - 20 of 1983 Chevrolet Camaro 20 reviews.

Darin writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

1983 Camaro Z28 — i love the car, but its older and requires maintainence, and that requires money. what do you do. for a 305, it squaks the tires in third, but its no rocket by any means. still a great looking car even by todays standards. by one and you ll see. theyre value will only go up.

Pros: good and reliable when running right.

Cons: not a family car

Matthew writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

1983 Camaro Z28 — Turd Brown Exterior on Turd brown Interior. Bout the best thing about this car were the T-tops, and the Tranny. Had the dreaded cross-fire fuel injection....I bet GM wishes they never produced such crap. Car was a terrible excuse for badging with the Camaro name! This puppy didn't stay around long.

Pros: T-Tops, Tranny

Cons: Just about everything else about the car

Robert writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Robs Pos — Love the muscular sound And hated the size of the back seat HINT other then that very dependable and ladies loved it other then the paint lmao and the greatest part of all which i loved very much was take a guess? the price baby :P haha wicked deal i tell ya

Pros: Ummm Massive sound System

Cons: Blowing the exhaust out lmao

mykle15 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Sex — i own an 83 camaro and i love it. its very fast, sleek and cool. it was by far one of the best looking cars of the 80's, but they were some of the cheapest ones to. i dont care what anyone says i love my camaro. you cant go wrong with owning one.

Owner for 3 years, 5 months

Miles Driven per Year:5,000

Pros: fast, cool, gets many looks and stares.

Cons: sterotypes. ex. mullet, hairmetal, beer, rednecks, burnouts (cant be helped!), show offs, ect....

Elizabeth writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

My First Car — best deal for $350 when I got it at 15. One helluva way to learn with blind spots but fun to run--still willing to fix the v6 with a complete overhaiul

Pros: sportsy, also drove a Z28 which was more of a challenge, good handling

Cons: rear wheel drive--needed tires, gas guzzler

Manuel writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Not My Favourite Camaro — It doesn't look like a proper muscle car and the built quality is not good either. it's cheap so that's good;)

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Slowest Camaro

Angel writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

This Car Is Bad Ass And Everything About It!! Well Besides Gas Milage! — its just the best car to have. performance on it is better than the old ones. i recently put a new engine in it, also a new transmission. clucth. and also gauges. so its just a nice car to own.

Owner for 3 years, 6 months

Miles Driven per Year:220,000

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD Review
JunkyCarz says:
Never forget your first car. I bought an 83 in 86 when I was a senior in college. I think I spent $7.7K at the time for a fully loaded Berlinetta with some 40K miles on the odometer. Being a kid, I was mainly impressed that it had a V-8 and looked cool. Had I known the pain it would have caused me over a period of four years, then I would have spent only a few grand to buy a used Hyundai or Ford Escort!
vs1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD winning categories:
  • Would Buy
Power Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
"The Berlinetta I ended up buying was also a V-8 but seemed very underpowered when compared to the Z28. I also believe that the small rims and skinny wheels on the Berlinetta also contributed to the terrible acceleration"
Handling Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
"The Berlinetta was not a handling machine - skinny tires and small rims, low power, terrible brakes and easy to break lose on turns"
Looks/Style Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
"We are talking 1980s era General Motors design here, so having as many fake scoops, rocker panels ad spoilers were certainly in at that time. "
Front Seats Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
"Same reason as my review for the back seats. Although I had bucket sets, they did zero work keeping my butt planted during turns"
Back Seats Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
"I believe that the seat layout for both cars were generally the same. However, the interior of my Berlinetta were covered in some sort of grey fabric that looked pretty bad"
Cargo Capacity Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD better.
"They probably have the same cargo space. But, with the rear seat folded down, you could really pack a lot of stuff under the hatch. I drove from Boston, MA to Dallas, TX with all of my personal goods when I graduated from college and was stationed in the DFW area. I have had many new cars since those years (Corvettes, Mercedes, Mustang SVO, and a current Dodge SRT Hellcat) but the Camaro seems to have the largest rear hatch cargo capacity. Then again, I may be thinking about my first car through rose colored glasses."
Family Car Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD better.
"Less things to break."
Value Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
"Better looks, more horsepower, cool name and cleaner interior."
Would Buy Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
"The Berlinetta was a flop. Forget the digital dash since it was just a gimmick. Z-28 is just way cooler"
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe RWD Review
JunkyCarz says:
I drove an 83 Z-28 before ultimately deciding to by a same-year Berlinetta. It was the summer of 86 and I was in my last year of college, about to be commissioned into the USAF as an officer. This was the year of Top Gun so all of my buddies went off to buy the Z-28. Unfortunate for me, I wanted to be a bit different and bought the lower-powered Berlinetta.
vs1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe RWD winning categories:
  • Would Buy
Power Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
Handling Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
Looks/Style Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
Front Seats Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
Back Seats Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
Cargo Capacity Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD better.
Family Car Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD better.
"Less things to break."
Value Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
"Better looks, more horsepower, cool name and cleaner interior."
Would Buy Ranked 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Coupe RWD worse.
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RWD Review
Natalie says:
Naturally, Chevy beats Ford but having said that, My 83 Base Camaro (despite being a V6) is one of the best cars I have ever owned. It handles like a small sports car, its great on gas, it looks amazing and is a very comfortable ride!
vs1983 Ford Mustang
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe RWD winning categories:
  • Would Buy
Back Seats Ranked 1983 Ford Mustang worse.
"Wider and more formed to the body"
Would Buy Ranked 1983 Ford Mustang worse.
"See above"

Displaying 11 - 20 of 1983 Chevrolet Camaro 20 reviews.

2021 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Review By Guru9DKMK6

I luv the car!!! Nothing about it that I dislike. And got an awesome deal on it too!!! Read More

Review By TayAshShaw

The car is amazing . I love the technology package, interior, and the fact that the vehicle conserves energy/gas. I thought it was a great value. Before buying the Camaro,, I had a 2019 Dodge Charger ... Read More

2020 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Review By GuruC8CM4

Ive been a owner of more than 10 different z 28 models. And a supporting the brand more than 50 years. Read More

Review By Tracy

love the features, ok value considering 2021s are available, Black is hard to keep clean...... Mustang GT... Read More

2019 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Review By GuruGX36T

I love this car. However...ALL models in the Camaro line should have the BLIND SPOT monitors, not just on the upgraded models. Other than that, the car is nice. Read More

Review By Guru9Z8X22

Beautiful Fast Great car Good Mileage Liable Comfortable to ride in Read More

2018 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Review By Rebecca

Y que ser mis amigos Back on the Website is Nothing you Always the same Thing over and Over I would like to see different pictures of what the car that I am asking for which is Chevy Camaro convertibl... Read More

Review By raynort2

Car is of good value but the speakers are pretty low quality to be the top trim of the v6 series (RS) Read More

2017 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Review By Carlos

The 2017 Camro is a beautiful ride. The 2SS has some of the best technology around. The ride is very smooth and handles very well, I would definitely recommend this vehicle and all 6th Generation Cama... Read More

Review By Carol

This is a car that I would consider purchasing. ..it has everything that I want... Read More

Camaro

Looking for a Used Camaro in your area?

CarGurus has 14,792 nationwide Camaro listings starting at $2,950.

Have you driven a 1983 Chevrolet Camaro?