1976 AMC Pacer User Reviews

Have you driven a 1976 AMC Pacer?

Displaying all 4 1976 AMC Pacer reviews.

Daily Commute:
Interior Noise:
Long Trips:
Parking:
Visibility:
Weight:
Overall:

I Actually Liked This Car O.o — Guz was her name, guzzling (gas) was her game. The car was pretty much nothing but a hassle for me from day one but I really had a lot of fun in it! Held my whole crew in comfort for weekend cruising! Lots of glass to look out! The inside door handles snapped off so we either climbed in 'Dukes of Hazzard' style or reached out the window to open the doors. Hood latch snapped so had to drill holes in the hood to open it. The ride was great but it handled like a tank with spongy shocks! The best thing about this car was the paint job! Aztec Bronze (A.K.A. metal-flake root beer). It would be fun to have the guys from 'Tanked' make an aquarium out of it!

Pros: The rolling window! Excellent visibility. Lots of room. Accoustics with the right sound system were great!

Cons: Funky looking. Horrible gas mileage, pot metal parts broke off easily.

Pacer

Looking for a Used Pacer in your area?

CarGurus has 1 nationwide Pacer listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Overall:

Greatest Car In The World For A Teenager! — I will find one of these cars to purchase for my teenage daughters to drive. It is ugly as sin but as I described earlier, it is built like a walker bulldog (thats a tank). You can jump it off a 6 foot wall and it just keeps on going. The thing had a skid plate of solid steel under the front steering linkage and oil pan.

Pros: This car was (in mine and my brothers expert opinion) un-flipable! Good solid car! low maintenance costs and the thing ran forever. I grew up in the era of the Dukes of Hazzard and My brother and I did all their tv stunts and many more . I know you are asking yourself WHY? but it was moms car and we snuck it out.

Cons: The beast wieghed about 6000 pounds it was a TANK!

Appearance:
Overall:

Every Car Has A Purpose... This One's Was Short Lived. — 6 cylinders of AMC fury. My first car. Bought for $400. Drove about 400 miles before it broke and I sold it for $250. This car is erm; uhm... "1 of a kind". I didn't drive it enough to really form a full opinion on it, but it was underpowered, sloppy in the corners, unreliable, musty old car smell. Car makes you look like a rock star everywhere you go.

Pros: Cheap. Simple for an experienced mechanic to upkeep. Came with a rush tape.

Cons: The car generally sucks.

Appearance:
Overall:

Round — the best sound car built(no 90 degree angles inside) no blind spots drive train like a jeep 258 I-6 135 hp 300 lbs tourque at rear wheels

Pros: rare , round,

Cons: parts hard to find, just a little ugly

Displaying all 4 1976 AMC Pacer reviews.

1979 AMC Pacer Reviews

Will Get You From Point A To Point B, But With Strange Looks By Michael

If you are short on cash this can be cheaper than renting a car. I sold this car a year later for exactly what I had into it despite having a slight accident in it. Read More

1975 AMC Pacer Reviews

Its A Pacer Need I Say More By Richard

its ugly so i like it and it floats or used to its a little rusty now,no power but still fun enough to get in trouble its good on gas since it does not run but some day kenzie will have a pacer Read More

Have you driven a 1976 AMC Pacer?