1971 Plymouth Scamp User Reviews

Have you driven a 1971 Plymouth Scamp?

Displaying all 2 1971 Plymouth Scamp reviews.

1971 Plymouth ScampReview
Appearance:
Overall:

Wish I Still Had It! — Got this car from my dad in my Senior year, 1971. It was a great car, built well, and dependable. Dad bought this car instead of a Roadrunner because he was sure I'd kill myself in the Roadrunner. If Chrysler still built cars like this, they wouldn't need bail-out money.

Pros: Dependable and well built

Cons: Gone too soon

1971 Plymouth ScampReview
Appearance:
Overall:

For Duke Boys On A Budget —

This was one of my first cars. My parents bought it new. It was my mother's car until 1978, my father's until 1985, my sister's for a year or two, and mine for about a year. By the time I got it, the body was a mess due to any number of accidents. I abused it like only a 16 year old boy can, and I had it worked on by a shop that seemed to have no ability or interest in fixing it. Still, it served us pretty well for most of it's life. I sold it to someone who fixed a couple simple things that our 'pros' failed to rectify and then drove it for years. It was tough, and I could take it anywhere at any speed without it looking any worse, often even without needing to have it towed back. The full pillarless hardtop body was cool, it had room for up to 10 teenagers even without sticking any in the trunk, it towed our sailboat well, and it taught me to wear seatbelts, if only so I could remain behind the wheel on left turns. By the end, I really wanted a car that idled and started without air cleaner removing histerics, but I remember it fondly.

Pros: body style, best automatic transmission ever, immortal slant/6

Cons: the shop that worked on it. Scared girls' parents.

Displaying all 2 1971 Plymouth Scamp reviews.

1974 Plymouth Scamp Reviews

Fun By Jason

Liked the care. Wish I had it back. 340 warmed-over. Maintenance on it was costly, but it was worth it. Drove as much as I could and tried to keep enough gas in it to do so. Mopar or no car Read More

Have you driven a 1971 Plymouth Scamp?