1958 Plymouth Fury User Reviews

Have you driven a 1958 Plymouth Fury?

Displaying all 4 1958 Plymouth Fury reviews.

Appearance:
Overall:

Sound And Fury — It was funny looking, check 1958 Fury on internet. The gas mileage was 6 to 8 mpg! And that was factory same as period tests. I got it cheap in 1965 ($125) With most of the upper engine in the trunk, it looked like a beige "Christine" but with a couple of hundred bucks and and lot of labor, it was running and quite fast. High 14's and would surprise stock GTO's with automatics. I found college and gas mileage forced me to let it go. One more I wish I could have kept.

Pros: Dual Carter AFB's and Isky cam

Cons: Gas mileage, and lack of knowledge and cash to take it further

Fury

Looking for a Used Fury in your area?

CarGurus has 28 nationwide Fury listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Appearance:
Overall:

1958 Plymouth Station Wagon — Another of my Dad's cars which I drove during my "lear. ning to drive" years. We drove this car all over the western U.S. on many vacations: Yellowstone, World's Fair in Seattle, etc. in addition to many trips to the Malibu, Zuma, Santa Monica beaches.

Pros: Very roomy.  Good Power.  Very Cool Push Button Tranmission Selector

Cons: Had to wait about 5 minutes for the radio to warm up before we started to get music on KRLA.

Appearance:
Overall:

Room For Plenty Of Kids & Surfboards — 1958 Plymouth Station Wagon Another of my Dad's cars which I drove during my "learning to drive" years. We drove this car all over the western U.S. on many vacations: Yellowstone, World's Fair in Seattle, etc. in addition to many trips to the Malibu, Zuma, Santa Monica beaches.

Pros: Very roomy.  Good Power.  Very Cool Push Button Tranmission Selector

1958 Plymouth Fury Review
says:
I have owned my 58 Fury for 40 years and 2 others before it. I have driven it as far as from Texas to Calif. and have logged over 30,000 miles in it. These are amazing driving and handling vehicles for their time(the Torsion bar Suspension and heavy duty springs and shocks were rated as superior by all car magazines) as well as fast (0-60 MPH in. 7.7 seconds Motor trend). Their styling and luxury for a low priced car is exceptional. The negative is poor seat comfort and shortage of Fury specific trim parts.
vs1958 Ford Fairlane Sedan
  • Cargo Capacity
  • Family Car
  • Value
  • Would Buy
Power Ranked 1958 Ford Fairlane Sedan worse.
"Motor Trend Jan. 58 tested the Fury, Fairlane 500 and Impala all with the top engines and the Fury was the fastest in all categories inc. 0-60, passing times, quarter mile and top speed. Also check Hot Rod & Sports Car Illustrated. "
Handling Ranked 1958 Ford Fairlane Sedan worse.
"The Fairlane 500 Skyliner like all 58 Ford Motor cars and GM cars (with exception of the Corvette) were all very softly sprung for a very soft ride which resulted in poor cornering ability, much lean and heal over as well as poor ride control at high speeds."
Looks/Style Ranked 1958 Ford Fairlane Sedan worse.
"The styling genius of Virgil Exner who styled all Chrysler Corp. cars inc. the Fury was considered by most to have designed the most beautiful, clean designs of his time, they still look modern today."
Front Seats Ranked 1958 Ford Fairlane Sedan worse.
"The Fury seats were a little thicker with just slightly more padding but neither car is very comfortable for a long trip like from Texas to California."
Back Seats Ranked 1958 Ford Fairlane Sedan worse.
"The Ford Skyliner rear seat was much more erect and the hip room and bottom seat cushion was much more narrow to acomodate the retractable roof."
Cargo Capacity Ranked 1958 Ford Fairlane Sedan worse.
"The Ford Skyliner roof retracted into the trunk leaving only a small basket area for luggage when the top was down."
Value Ranked 1958 Ford Fairlane Sedan worse.
"The Fury is just more fun to drive and today commands a higher value in most collector car value guides than the Ford."
Would Buy Ranked 1958 Ford Fairlane Sedan worse.
"First of all I like both cars but for different reasons. The Plymouth Fury is my favorite because of the outstanding ride and handling characteristics, its fun to drive as well as its extraordinary styling & luxurious interior not to forget it being one of the fastest cars in 1958(see Motor Trend and Sports Car Illustrated for 1958). The Ford shines in top-down fun, innovation and is an overall good car but not the drivers car the Fury is."

Displaying all 4 1958 Plymouth Fury reviews.

1978 Plymouth Fury Reviews

Its My Baby!! By Richard

Besides the dent in the passenger side, its an EXCELLENT running vehicle and it gets me from point A to B to C and back again. still runs very strong!! Very fun car to drive as well!! i recomend this ... Read More

My Sleeper By Jim

I loved the fact that it was ( at one time ) a Mi. State Police car. It had the 440 interceptor in it. I could cruise at a 100 mph all day, and never bother that motor. So was it fun to drive? Hell ye... Read More

1977 Plymouth Fury Reviews

Old Car But Still A Beauty By Tony

got it with 65000 miles and ive put almost a 100/k. its my baby. but will sell if mad ethe right offer. Read More

1975 Plymouth Fury Reviews

Sucks Gas And Hauls Ass By Shane

This car has great quality. Strong 318 motor, endless power, and great handling. I've had eight people in the car at one time comfy. Leg room in the front and in the back. It's a great car to drive. I... Read More

1974 Plymouth Fury Reviews

Can You Say....roscoe!!! By Elise

I LOVED this car soooo much. It was an old cop car from VA so it had great handling. It was baby blue in and out. I can't remeber the size of the engine, but it had incredible pick up and a FANTASTIC ... Read More

Tank! By Nicole

I had a navy blue one in 1983. Young and foolish - traded the 77 Mini for this boat. Couldn't afford the gas. Read More

1973 Plymouth Fury Reviews

Red Glory! By migration_judge_roy

BIG fleshy 70's Chrysler, with all the power amenities...that six way seat still kills me, as does the white, giant upholstry, installed 8-track player and ashtrays on the backseat and two in front. ... Read More

Cars compared to 1958 Plymouth Fury

Have you driven a 1958 Plymouth Fury?