anti lock

blasacruz29
0

Asked by blasacruz29 Jun 26, 2013 at 05:27 AM about the 2003 Saturn ION Coupe

my car wont start because the anti lock system is on and i dont know how to turn it off.
its not the battery because we changed it and if we jump it it will start.

DavidH25

If by 'anti lock' you mean ABS, The ABS being 'on' will not cause a car to not start. It's supposed to be on. Something else is going on. Or did you mean anti theft? But that also won't have anything to do with it if it starts with a jump. When you say you changed the battery do you mean with a new one? Because usually when a car will start with a jump but not otherwise is is the battery, not having enough CCA to start it but a jump will. Was the battery installed properly with good clean terminals on the cables and a good ground with the 0g cable from battery to chassis/frame? And I mean REAL clean. Without a good, solid ground it won't start even with a new battery. And to repeat, clean, no corrosion, tight cable terminals.