1998 Boxster dash problems

peryde
0

Asked by peryde Feb 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM about the 1998 Porsche Boxster Base

Hi Guys.  

I need help.  My instrument cluster illumination lighting have stopped working.  I'm trying to trace the problem.  Only illumination not working.  everything else works great.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram for that area or know the color of the wiring providing power to the lights?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DavidH25

On many cars, yours I don't know, but many when the taillight fuse blows the dash lights go with, so you won't be driving around without taillights and not know

DavidH25

In other words it MIGHT be tied to a taillight short so before you rip apart the dash...

peryde
0

Thanks for you input but the tail lights work fine.

Lloyd Childress
15

I replaced the bulbs by taking the cluster off (Google how to do this) It only took 30 min. or so.