Whats wrong with escort?

lsullivan
0

Asked by lsullivan Feb 04, 2013 at 12:21 PM about the 1995 Ford Escort 4 Dr LX Wagon

Hi, I'm having a problem with my 95 escort wagon. I have no turn signals, car stuck in park (you have to take it out by pushing small rod in hole beside shifter), and car only has 3rd gear while driving, I can manually shift into low to start out but shifts back up to 3rd skips 2nd, no overdrive. I have brake lights and flashers. Checked fuses under dash and they all seem fine. I was told there is a fusable link in one of the battery cables? This might be it? Not sure but having trouble finding that. Any detailed HELP would be apppreciated. THANKS......

59,065

It's not the fusible link. That link protects the alternator and it's located in the wire between the alternator and the starter. -- No turn signals could be a bad multi- function switch or flasher unit. --- The transmission needs repair.

7jimmy7
12,515

may be more fuses under hood,check that, may have relays also

Rodney Harne
140

Check ur realys and liketeenspeed said tranny needs some tlc.