is the ride bone-jarring? Is it hard to get in and out of? Thanks

doctorie
0

Asked by doctorie Nov 08, 2012 at 03:18 PM about the 2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD

Vince Lee
1,015

No & no IMHO. Having said that, the 911 still has the most hardcore driving feel out there in the modern era.

Andy Dickens
465

I agree, no and no. If anything, i find the 996 too soft, I prefer the ride of the 993.

MrB4
135

I have a Cab, same year & model. My area has a lot of cobblestone & brick streets & the ride is rough - u could say bone-jarring. But on regular surfaces, not a problem. It is also influence by the brand of tire. I am still experimenting around to find the smoothest, so can't make a recommendation right now. I am a somewhat sedentary 70+ yr old & it is not too difficult getting in and out, although little harder with the top up or the hardtop on. If you are of moderate size shouldn't be a problem. You should sit in it, or another 996 like it & see for yourself.

Mark Stiles
75

My C4S Cab has firm ride but it has the comfort seats which are good (the sports seats are harder). Im 61 and dont have problems getting in and out. With cunning you can program the seats to be back when you unlock and get in and then press a memory button to move the seats forward...

doctorie
0

Thanks to all who responded. I drove the 2004 911 recently and was pleasantly surprised on several counts: ride was firm but quite comfortable; visibility was excellent all-round; and there was more room in the back seat than it appears in most photos. Now, if I can just learn to shift gears more smoothly...! Thanks again

MrB4
135

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your "new" car as much as I enjoy mine.