Hi I have a 96 windstar GL. The front windows won't roll down or up and they are electric. I've been told the fuses are fine, any suggestions?

Wonderjava
0

Asked by Wonderjava May 31, 2010 at 08:16 PM about the 1996 Ford Windstar 3 Dr GL Passenger Van

papa

sounds like you need to put new switches in it.

Julian Vaiana
175

did they both stop working at the same time? If so then the motors are probably fine and I would check the fuses again...it is possible that the windows are tied in to a different circuit who's fuse blew first so you can check to see if theres anything else not working and go from there.

papa

first does the driver side go down,you can run down the passenger side from the drivers side ,if the passanger side switch is bad it will not work on the driver side,the motors are probley fine,just replace the switches,their is no fuse for the windows.is a easy fix to swap out the switches.

Christopher Paden
2,645

I also say check/replace switches. If you are mechanically inclined you can take apart the switches and clean the contacts. 14 years of water and dirt get down in there and the contact pads get gummed up.

pamelapatton
10

I was wondering the same thing. My passenger stopped like a year ago. No big deal. AS of Saturday my driver window stopped. I can hear a "click" when I try to roll down. Wanted to find the easiest fix - fuse I thought. My car never came with an owners manual. Anyone know where the fuses are and how to tell if they're blown? pamelapatton@ymail.com

papa

the fuse box is at one or two places,under dash on driver side or in kick panell .or at end of dash where the door closes.their is a metal wire inside if blown it will be like broke into.i feel your switch is bad on driver side.

Robert Winter
45

Push it over a steep cliff and put it out of it's and your misery!!! Buy a new vehicle preferably NOT a Ford product

papa

not funny,if you dont like fords,stay off the ford form.