aztek spark plug

evoseano
10

Asked by evoseano Feb 13, 2012 at 12:27 AM about the 2001 Pontiac Aztek GT

how to remove them and install them

Tim Robson
95

you will need a spark plug socket you need to follow the ht leads (spark plug leads) to the plug and use the socket in an anti clock wise direction to remove them then reverse the process for the new plugs. also remember when istalling the new plugs that it is vital that they are installed straight (not cross threaded) and also not to over tighten them or the porcelain can break and the plug will not function corectly it only needs to be tightened till it becomes firm and then a small eighth to quater of a turn will do.

evoseano
10

Very funny car gurus it halarious is abvious that you have not seen the pligs on a aztek GT go back to school

Tim Robson
95

so i guess your american by that kind of rudness. if you want legitimate help how about giving some thought to your question. if your having trouble getting acess to the plug why not say and ask how the best way is to get to it if you are haveing a hard time locating it same thing. if yoiu aks a vauge and general question you get a vauge and general response. from you question it seemed as though you didn't know the process of remove a plug. so how about a bit of information on what you actually need and not insult people when they try to help you!

mario0349
30

Its simple, the general answers given by Tim are usable but Tim, as an owner of a Pontiac Aztec I can tell you that an Aztek is a strange bird when it comes to this. The rear plugs are best changed from under the car when on ramps. Just hope and pray that the spark plug boots haven't adhered themselves to the spark plug porcelain as the boots have to be split down the middle with a sharp filet knife or you will never get the boots off. Make sure you use the best platinum iridium plugs you can when replacing the rear plugs, BOSCH make the best for the money, in my opinion, with 4 electrodes. I say this because, YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO DO THIS JOB AGAIN! Make sure you use dielectric grease inside the new spark plug boots as well. GM Dealer said to me they charge $300 to change the set of six plugs on that vehicle...(labor only)! Good luck!

Micha Dozier
0

From what I have learned from working on these cars the easiest way the change the rear plugs is to remove the coil pack from the top rear of the engine. That should give you enough room to get back there and remove the plugs. Remember to only remove one at a time so that you don't accidentally get the the firing order messed up. Also so when you buy the new plugs the proper gap on the plug should be .060 Hope this helps.