Can the cupholders be improved at all?

cindy_75
10

Asked by cindy_75 Mar 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Can anything be done to improve the horrible cupholders in this vehicle?  I plan on keeping it for another year or two and I just hate them.  I've also wondered if any could be put somewhere else?

judge_roy

I believe the whole assembly removes with two screws at the back and two on the sides...rather wouldn't you like to take the opportunity to make a 'photo gallery' out of this opportunity to put pictures of the dalai llama, and gary busey, or perhaps kevin bacon to greet you every time you use this vehicle~

judge_roy

you could use one for a bottle of unopened spring water, and the other for a cup of coffee...or is that weird?

judge_roy

you could grab 'em and see if they will pull out, then you'd be left with holes to deal with or cut a piece of wood to cover up.

cindy_75
10

These aren't the type that pull out. They are freestanding on the console with the gearshifter, etc.

judge_roy

no pair of awaiting energy drinks, from when you are ready to fall asleep at the wheel?....there really has to be a solution here somewhere....let me think...

judge_roy

could store your tennis balls in them....be ready for your next match~

judge_roy

got a little kid around "pinky -play balls" are fun racquet balls, orbit gum canister, been using each of my vehicles a Tic-Tac container, but rattles around...nature of the beast~

judge_roy

really do see your concern here. If you're drinkin' a big gulp, you really aren't "driving" then are you, no you're slurpin' a big gulp...one or the other , HI~

mrmoony
1,920

Glue in a cut in half can cooler. Screw desired length of sheetrock screws in a circle to corral the preferred drinking vask.

Racer_X
11,905

Here's one option from Amazon.com that may work well for you, Cindy...should suffice till you replace the car and not expensive either: http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Accessories-91125-Black- Holder/dp/B000WEPI4M/ref=lp_318296011_1_3? ie=UTF8&qid=1364549754&sr=1-3