where is the fuse for the stereo in a 2005 pontiac g6

Dawn Bolton-Ackerman
0

Asked by Dawn Sep 03, 2012 at 08:05 PM about the 2005 Pontiac G6 Base

Mag000
30

Get on the front passenger inside your car. Look to left there are 2 pieces of plastic (gray) panels. Pull it to you (forward). It should snap off. Pull that white fuse puller out (may have pull hard). Take that with you. Open your trunk up. Should be a second fuse box on left rear side. Move the carpet just a little, you will see a place to put your hand. Pull that panel (gray cover) slightly up and towards you. It should pull off. There is a bigger black (dark gray) cover in there. This one does not come all way off, just pull it and it should flip down. This is where your second fuse box is located. Now take your owners manual from glove box and look at the section. There is a section that lists what all the fuses are for. Look for the one for stereo. EXAMPLE: If you needed to change the one for a light, it would tell you 15A (amp) fuse. It would tell you where it is located in the fuse panel (box), second from bottom. So you would go to the fuse panel (box) and bring that white fuse puller, locate the second from bottom 15A fuse. Using the white fuse puller, you would pull that fuse out, and replace it with the SAME amp fuse. You would not put a 10A fuse in a 15A place. Replace the fuse with same type one. Another way you could test your fuse is to take a test light and ground it to the body of the car, usually a bolt with no paint, could scrap off paint from bolt, then you place the test light to the fuse to see if it will light up. Another thing you could do is to pull that fuse out and hold it up to the light so you can see inside it. If there is breakage in there, then the fuse is blown, and needs replacing. There are all kinds of tips you could use, but I just wanted to keep it simple for now. So your 2 fuse panels are in passenger left side panel and in the trunk's left side. This also works for 2005-2009 Pontiac G6 as well. Remember put the same type fuse when you replace them. After you put new fuse in, go back and snap the one in trunk up. Put your white fuse puller back in the front one. Then snap the cover back on front passenger one. This works for any of your fuses in the future, be it lights, whatever. Okay, have nice day.

Jason Sensano
0

I don't have a manual

Debbie Brooks
10

Can you send me some pictures of the parts of the passenger side.