Can I do a 5-speed swap?

kittykat1129
0

Asked by kittykat1129 Mar 06, 2013 at 12:14 AM about the 2006 Pontiac G6 Base

My G6 is an automatic. I love the car soo much! I just wish it was a standard... is there any way to do a swap with this car?

judge_roy

well there is, but you will never be satisfied with the end result after having to fit a clutch pedal with it's pivots and stops, running the hydraulic lines. using a sawzall to cut the hole, then there is the shifter, much can be covered with a flexible rubber boot, but there is the electronic part too- have to teach the brain that it no longer has an auto--not quite sure how this is done....all I know is you work your head off to get it right and still something comes and bites you. Best if you can get one with the 5 speed in it already and sell the auto....this whole thing makes no sense if you do a lot of stop/start driving like on the Santa Monica fwy.

45,605

The best and cheapest way to do the swap is to get a donor car with a manual transmission. Not cutting required. Everything bolts in like a factory installation. All three available engines were offered with a manual transmission. --- Check out these forums: www.g6performance.com -- http://www.g6ownersclub.com