how do i get the hood hinges off my sons 1996 olds ciera?

msmyser
0

Asked by msmyser Mar 29, 2013 at 07:21 AM about the 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera 4 Dr SL Sedan

my son crashed into the back end of one of his buddies trailer. he buckled the hood, smashed the grill, bumper cover, left fender. i have everything replaced and actually got lucky the local salvage yard had a twin in color an year. it looks great except the hood in the back is down 1/2" on the drivers side and up 1/2" on the passenger side. i am not sure how the hinges come off, i am pretty sure they are sprung. does anyone now how they come off?

45,675

Remove the 1/2" bolts and pry them off of the body. My hinges seemed like they were welded but the were pressed on.