car stalled out on me and won't start will crank but wont start

George Wright
0

Asked by George Mar 08, 2010 at 10:21 AM about the 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr GS Passenger Van

I left planet fitness turn the wheel hard car shut off then it restarted, abour 1/8 of a mile it shut off quietly for the second time,then I change the sparks pugs,wires,and fuel filter,still won't start.will crank but will not start.its getting gas and every thing it has 100k on it . could it be my alarm or a sensor?

Laura Boede
20

My 2003 Silhouette did the same thing. We took ours to a mechanic (cost $75.00) for him to say that he couldn't find anything wrong. With ours, it first happened to my daughter, (that's when we took it into the mechanic) then about 3 months later it sputtered for me but didn't actually stall, then a few weeks later it died and hasn't restarted since. It's been sitting in my driveway all summer; not sure what to do. I read somewhere that it might be the electrical groundings. I hope you get yours fixed and if you do, I would love to know what they found out (donanoyus@yahoo.com) Hope this helped.