I have a 1996 ford mustang gt my car will not go pass 90 mph I don't know why the car was automatic but I change it to 5 speed but before that it still had the same problem and at this point I don't know what's wrong with it?????

Panda3549
0

Asked by Panda3549 Apr 20, 2013 at 03:13 PM about the 1996 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

45,695

It could be that is a speed limit set in the ECU. Some cars come like that from the factory because the tires are not rated for higher speeds. Find a Mustang forum. See if there is a limit. You might need a reflash of the Ecu to remove it.

Panda3549
0

Where is the speed ecu in a 1996 ford mustang located at????

14,195

Pcm is under the right hand side cowl panel. Im trying to find if there is a speed limiter on it. no info yet but if you want to remove it thats where it is

Panda3549
0

Thank u and all try to find out more on this and if i have more questions all get back to this web and all let u guys now more about it thank u

Hans Dietrich
365

Mustangforums.com should be able to help...