99 silhouette wont start. pressure at fuel rail, will fire with starting fluid. ran well, parked it, no start in a.m. replaced fuel filter.

weemer
0

Asked by weemer Nov 13, 2011 at 12:03 PM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette 4 Dr Premiere Passenger Van Extended

won't start. ran fine night before.
turns over, has spark, good flow at fuel rail.
obd2 says no codes...
new fuel filter.
will fire on starting fluid.
seems to not be injecting or calling for fuel...
ideas?
all fuses look good.

Terry Godfrey
85

What is the pressure reading?

Best Answer
weemer
0

sorry no gauge right now, but strong spray @schrader.

Terry Godfrey
85

What seems to be a strong spray may not be enough to fire the engine. You honestly need to know the actual pressure. Are you sure it is not a flooded condition?

weemer
0

-don't think it's flooded, did the pedal down technique from manual earlier. -with staring fluid It will catch a bit,but only til it burns off. -ran great night before, was first cold night-20's thought might be icing, heet in, filter changed. 50's now. -does software inhibit injection if pressures too low? -trying to locate a gauge. -if w/in specs, other ideas?

Terry Godfrey
85

After attempting to start it a few times, pull a couple of spark plugs and see if they are wet. This will give some idea if it is too much fuel or not enough.

Bluezero
10

Under the drivers side rear seat is a connector..I bought a butt connector kit from autozone and cut and stripped all the wires on this connector and electrical taped then.Starts and runs fine now.Problem was electrical going to fuel pump.Water rusts these connections over time.