gas gage

stumpeddan
25

Asked by stumpeddan Oct 27, 2007 at 07:05 PM about the 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4 Dr STD AWD SUV

my gas gage went to empty even though i know i have 3/4ths tank. i did drive through a few puddles so i thought something got wet. today i find that i do have gas and everything should be dried out and it still does not work. how do i go about solving this problem? i already checked the connector connection on the tank

23,605

Sounds like the fuel sending unit has packed it in. You will have to drop the tank to check the wiring, etc. but the unit itself, inside the tank, is typically the problem. There is a chance your gas gauge has died, this can be purchased separately from other dash components but I would suspect the sending unit first.

stumpeddan
25

thanks a lot. that is what i suspected. any idea of what this costs?

msvalmed
45

The sending unit goes from around 30 to 55 USD on most GM models, if you have a meter, try testing the unit first.

ken1968
0

can somebody help me