The turn signals quit and I cant find a flasher, the hazards work though, could it be the switch?

pappagreg
0

Asked by pappagreg May 30, 2007 at 12:25 PM about the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero GL

I just purchased this car and it has no  owners manual and I dont know any history on the car. THANK YOU

LouB
12,530

Hi pappa! The short answer is yes, it could be the switch, but the flasher is still more likely. usually the flasher is under the dash on the drivers side. Simply stick your head down my the pedals and look up. Usually you will find a box or can type of component to the door side of the steering wheel. if you still can't run it down, head to your local big box parts store where you will buy your flasher and ask the counter guy to run down the location for you. These guys seem to know everything and if they don't they will probably look in a Chilton's for your Olds or grab some other reference material. In a lot of places these guys are happy to come out and look at your car if you bring it. Barring all of that take a trip to your local Olds dealer and the service guys there will usually give you a few minutes. They will also have your flasher. Good luck!

David Parker
75

the fault is more likly to be your hazard switch there was a recall on some modles back in 2004 2005

Larry Thibert
980

seeing we are talking about a 02 model year the recall does not apply,,,but you are being led in the right direction...start the car and apply the hazard switch really fast in and out...the problem is in the hazard switch which by the way is your turn signal flasher which you seek...it works.....

Nir Eliyaho
115

the hazard switch is responsible on the turn signals try to replace it

cosmosomnicrap
50

I have a 2001 Alero. I just had the hazard light switch replaced and now I have a problem with both flasher and signal lights. It seems that when the car warms up the signal lights work better but it's spotty. The mechanic told me that the wiring was modified and I would need an original flasher switch to make it work properly. Do you any of you know if this is true?

Nir Eliyaho
115

did u put a non original hazard switch and if u did put an original one u should check is pins they can be pressed by the connector and fold down

speterman5
20

I replaced my turn signal assembly twice yesterday, once with a unit from the salvage yard, and then a new one from Autozone, still does not work correctly, some time a signal other times nothing. This morning the left worked for a minute then nothing. I believe the assembly is fine, so it can only be the flasher or hazard switch. I will try again today. PETER

Nir Eliyaho
115

the function from the turn signal switch going to the hazard and only than to the lights it self

sun4shine2006
120

i am having trouble with my turn singles they work some times and then they stop working other times what could it be i think there,s a loose wire in there or some thing dose any one have any answers i am a girl and dont know any thing about cars