1990 300zx 2+2 car starts up but wont turn off. even with key in off position

MortalPlace
15

Asked by MortalPlace Jun 18, 2013 at 08:11 PM about the 1990 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr 2+2 Hatchback

I am also having a similar issue with mine. car starts and runs but when I put the key in the off position car stays running and all dash light stay on. if I pull the battery connection it resets itself and all lights are out until I turn the key to the on position.

I changed the starter relay but still has not resolved the issue. any other ideas would be helpful. thanks

judge_roy

The ignition coil relay, is what you changed? http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php? II=3422&Car_Type=NIS300&gclid=CLLb7Pbt7rcCFY1DMgodsX4AwA

judge_roy

it is on the corner of the fuse box~

judge_roy

no "mark helpful"....you mean I've been wastin' my time....if ever?~

31,625

Sounds like you are getting a feedback from your alternator, if a certain diode goes bad in the alternator it will feed power back trough the system and the engine will stay running even with the key off. Have your alternator checked.