Help ME WITH A CAR QUESTION

Keeya68
0

Asked by Keeya68 Feb 19, 2013 at 07:25 PM about the 1997 Nissan Maxima GLE

I have a 1997 Nissan Maxima it was doin fine then coming home it dropped to 45 mph and then stalled
out on me Now it sounds like it is sputtering .Any clues???

judge_roy

again, and tenspeed will give me crap, but it's the EGR exhaust gas recirculation that is shuttin' down normal operation. check with your smog guy to verify. Will shop for one if asked.

judge_roy

this is a troublesome mandatory restricted device for reducing "just that" amount of pollution from entering the atmosphere, but makes it swaller it's own pride, but doesn't know when to quit...besides is buggerd up with exhaust carbon by now and either clevery cleaned with a shop vac and compressed air, or simply replaced. no biggie...except for the person who has to deal with life threatening lack of performance.

judge_roy

Could be your fuel pump, but they don't roll like that...all or nuttin' could be with the fuel though, but haven't seen this kinda behavior with pressurized fuel.

7jimmy7
9,395

pressurised if no water in fuel,maby a bad drink at the pump on way home,or clog at filter, sounds like fuel ,a quick failier some thing is up,ck. air intake also

judge_roy

Jimmy seems to think that it is water in the tank. Think back, any chance of kids playin with the hose, or caught in a massive downpour??

natalie000
75

had the same problem and it was the MAF sensor !! That would be my best guess and probably the answer..look on ebay, I picked one up for half the dealer price :)