how to replace oxygen sensor #2 bank

bigmax51
80

Asked by bigmax51 Apr 14, 2010 at 06:00 AM about the 1997 Ford Taurus GL

service engine soon light is on,auto checkeked and said oxygen sensor is bad,or has a bad connection or bad fuse.I have checked the connection,it is ok,where is the fuse.I need to know if there is anything else I could check,before I but the sensor,it is $50.00

Mike Tritle
1,875

If you have over 100,000 miles on the car the O2 sensors should be3 replaced anyway. I didn't know there was a fuse but it would be in the main box under the hood.

bigmax51
80

how many oxygen sensors does a 97 ford taurus have?

bigmax51
80

mike how many sensors are on the 97 taurus

Mike Tritle
1,875

If I remember correctly there would be 3. 2 Upstream of the Cats and 2 downstream. The Upstream 2 would be in the Y pipe off the engine and the downstream just behind each of the Cats.

bwebb101
10

I just replaced my O2 there is 4. 2 on bank 2 and 2 on bank 4. and bank 2 downstream is a pain in the butt to get out.