the car starts vibrating sometimes when I accelerate or put on brakes

Ash Avin
0

Asked by Ash May 21, 2012 at 03:05 AM about the 2001 Nissan Sentra GXE

Recently I have noticed that occasionally my car staring vibrating (I mean stearing and  the entire body), when I
the car starts vibrating sometimes when I accelerate or put on brakes.
The vibration increases rapidly when i try to suddenly push the brake peddle.
Also, i had noticed some black smoke kind of thing coming out from right side front tier and it is not the rubber
and it has stopped now by itself.
Please suggest what should i do now?

Simon Haim
275

I've seen some stupid things mechanics do. They put the brake pads on stupidly on my car once and it was rubbing against the wheel constantly especially on braking and accelerating. I suggest looking around your brakes and wheels. Have you recently had the calipers or brakes replaced?

Rony Khalife
90

the vibration when you brake is caused by warped brake rotors...need more info on vibration when you accelerate because there are many many things that could cause that...is it at slow or fast speeds? does it vibrate at highway speeds only? if it vibrates on highway, does it increase and decrease when you let off the throttle and get back on the throttle?

Timinski
0

It's in the transmission. I have a 2006 Crew cab 4x4 auto transmission and have the same vibration issue, it is not fluid leaking from the radiator into the transmission. Not u joints, tires wheels, etc had that all replaced. Only happens around 55 to 60 mph, feels like I'm running over rumble strip but not. It's something in the electronics that causes the shifting hesitation.