Reset Check engine light after service

RonTurrey
0

Asked by RonTurrey Nov 27, 2011 at 03:47 PM about the 2001 Nissan Frontier 2 Dr XE Extended Cab SB

How do I reset the check engine light now that I have completed the service.

avatar666
400

1.)turn the key to the on position (do not crank over the motor....dont start the engine) 2.) wait 3 seconds.... and then fully step on the gas and let go fully 5 times with in 5 seconds.... (ex. wait...3....stomp.stomp.stomp.stomp.stomp 3.)wait 6seconds....(not steppig on gas pedal) 4. FULLY PRESSS down on gas pedal and hold for about 10 seconds. 5.) the check engine light should be flashing. should be flashing 10times and stop a few seconds and then 10 and stop.....etc. 6. hold down pedal again 10 secs. 7. release pedal.....turn key off..... 8...wait a few seconds and turn the motor on.....check engine light should be gone.

Artinbama
10

Bad spark plug made my check engine light burn on my 03 Frontier. The kid at the parts store correctly diagnosed #2 plug misfire but refused to turn off the check engine light. New set of NGK Iridium plugs cured the misfire problem and was able to turn off the check engine light with avatar666's very helpful tip.

kelsonlm
40

did not work on my 2001 frontier

Billy Sikes
50

On older models, disconnect neg battery cable for 24 hrs

FrontierSalvage
20

Just did what avatar666 suggested on a 2012 nissan frontier sv king cab, worked like magic once I got it right ( after a few tries )... have all my power back and my stupid check engine light / system disablment fixed after the dealership screwed me over by spraying fluid film on my brake spring hold down clips ( which I had to wash off with WD40 ), under the guise of a ' brake inspection'... the adage holds true - if you want it to work, learn to mechanic it yourself

FrontierSalvage
20

BTW, on the newer models, if you disconnect the battery, it doesn't get rid of the problem I corrected with avatar666s method - less than 24 hours is temporary, more than 24 hours lasts about 3 days... beware of connecting the battery without the key in it, as I got a nasty shock when the alarm started to draw juice... stupid computer nonsense...

stern271
10

Avatar666, this procedure for clearing code worked on my 2002 Frontier XE 3.3 liter.. Thanks !!!

tennesseeduke
20

avatar666 it work perfectly on my 05 Nissan Frontier LE 51000 miles.! :) Thanks, Tennesseeduke