My 2004 Nissan Sentra won't start

jerbojones
0

Asked by jerbojones Jul 27, 2009 at 10:47 AM about the 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S

It just clicks when I turn the key.  It did this once before, but after a couple of tries it started right up.  Never had a problem with it since.  This time I've tried several times and it still won't start.  The lights and all come on, but the car just makes a clicking noise and won't start at all, it doesn't even act like it's going to start.

tazdevil858
10

Did you ever receive a response to this post? I have a 2005 Sentra 1.8 S that is doing the same thing.

Doran Harney
915

Sounds to me like your problem may be as simple as loose/corroded battery terminals, or a bad ground connection. If the battery terminals look ok, try following the ground (negative) cable from the battery to where it bolts to the frame, and then from there to where it bolts to the motor. If either of those connections is loose or corroded, tighten and/or clean as necessary, then try starting the car again. Do bear in mind that if it is a corroded or loose ground wire that your alternator may not have been able to properly charge the battery for as long as the condition has been present, so you may need a jumpstart even after fixing the problem.