so you and my mech is on the same track by saying that it can be a valve or the timing belt, my mech say he will strip it and check ill let you know what he say.

Faizel
5

Asked by Faizel Mar 22, 2013 at 07:44 AM about the 1997 Ford Explorer 4 Dr XLT AWD SUV

Hi i have a FORD EXPLORER 4L V6 1997 i it dont want to start we check the fuel pump and spark plugs and thats fine when you start it back fires by the part where the air filter is can it be a valve or timing chain .

judge_roy

Is it dead? who killed it?

judge_roy

Sounds to me that someone did not install the timing belt/chain correctly, firing too early, would have to double back on the repair to put things right.