My 92 eclipse gs turbo quitshifting into overdrive and the turbo won't kick in now. I went to the car wash and washed it and I noticed a small plate size puddle of water on the drivers side floormat. When I went to take off it felt like my brakes were catching a little bit and it was slow to take off. NO POWER HARDLY AT ALL! it would slowly take off it will gain speed but it is real slow. What did I do? It ran fine until I washed it. Did I short something out

Terry Pitts
30

Asked by Terry May 06, 2013 at 07:50 PM about the 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Turbo

Daniel Foster
2,605

sounds like you got the ecu wet, if you mean that the symptoms started happening after you washed it (im pretty sure the ecu is in the general area you describe the water)

Daniel Foster
2,605

from what I can find the ecu is in the center console of the car (where I figured it would be).. Is that the area you got wet ?

Daniel Foster
2,605

btw how did all the water get in the car ?

Terry Pitts
30

Figured it out. When I washed my car the water got on a fuse in my fuse box and caused it to blow. I replaced it now the car runs like a beast now! Not bad for a 92 eclipse gs turbo with only 99500 miles on it. Just gotta find the leak now. Always something! Oh well! Thanks for all the info u provided.