how do you take the rear door panel off?

babywhat
0

Asked by babywhat Feb 22, 2007 at 10:46 AM about the 1997 Ford Explorer 4 Dr XL SUV

how do you take the rear door panal off to get toi the speakers?

LouB
15,000

Hi Babywhat. Usually you are dealing which hidden screws clips and push-pin-type fasteners which connect the panel to the door. You can horse these but that can test your patience and diminish the fit of the panel when you put it back. I suggest one of two courses of action. Check your local library or parts store for the Chilton's manual for your Explorer. You have a good chance of getting a free look at a copy. That will give you the procedure for removing the panel for the price of a couple of 25-cent copies. Or try this site (http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/stereoremovalFordExplorer02_05P.htm) which sells manuals for this type of thing for less than $5. It will be worth the money in time and sanity. Good luck!