93 eclipse. gs. recomendations of engines and clutches

Art Andrade Jr.
0

Asked by Art Nov 02, 2011 at 02:52 AM about the 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

I have a 93 eclipse gs. Using it as a learning project car. First thing I want to do is replace
engine and clutch. My final plan is for it to be a 1/4mile track car, not street legal.
Recomendations please... if u could include sizes, brands so j could further research I
would appreciate.

Jason Leung
45

ACT clutches are the standard for a DSM. If you are planning for a track car, it would be to your advantage to get a 2600 or above. In terms of asking about making this a track car try to get on some forums as they have people who have done this before. But honestly be prepared for everyone to tell you to get a GSX or TSI AWD. Depending on where you are you can get a shell pretty easily for about $1000. Be prepared to do much more work on a GS for a lot more money and less gains. A $1,000 dollars in a GSX or TSI AWD will get you into 12s. $1,000 into a GS will get you into 15s. Best of luck to you man. I would recommend you get a GSX or TSI AWD shell and keeping your regular car as a daily driver. N/A DSMs are awesome and super reliable, anything under a high 11 second car is not.