CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND SRS LIGHT

BUMMIN
0

Asked by BUMMIN Mar 03, 2007 at 05:51 PM about the 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

gETTING A CHECK ENGEINE LIGHT AND SRS LIGHT. IS THIS A DIAGNOSTIC CODE?

bovan
11,330

Hello BUMMIN-- What you see are warnings about what is going on in your 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse. To know exactly what problem these warnings point to you will have to hook your car to a diagnostic computer. This is where you will reveal the diagnostic codes and from that you can pinpoint the problem, if any. Take it to a professional who has access to a diagnostic computer. Good luck from Bovan.

Bobbie Richmond
105

SRS is the airbag. Take it to autozone or checker or some where like that. They will read check engine light codes for free. Shops charge at least $50. Go from there

Dip Patel
25

usually when a car is more than years old the SRS light will come on. This is a safety feature to make sure ur airbag are in working order. I dont know why your check engine light is on.

Nick Sengheiser
85

Same car Same problem. WTF!?

Andrew Chandler
15

I have a 1998 Eclipse, and my check engine light is on, I took it to Mitsubishi and they told me that its is just the computer messing up, and that I shouldnt worry bout it, but if I wanted to I could pay 500 dollars and get a new computer in it..... I said no, and just ignore the light now.

Kevin Patry
35

what mod did you make and if catalitic put one back

Kevin Patry
35

v2 cold air intake,dc headers,msd ingnition,air flow cathelytic and apexi n1 exhauste work good and nice sound

mxpx_sugarcult
10

i got the same car and the same problem.. the thing is that i dont have a catalytic(straight pipe) or an airbag(racing steering wheel)thats y i get those 2 lights.. so if u have that then thats y