I just bought a 1996 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4 with no engine for %24500. Was it worth it

supraboy95
20

Asked by supraboy95 Mar 28, 2013 at 09:05 AM about the 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr VR-4 Turbo AWD Hatchback

was it worth it?

14,295

Max price used is around 6800 bucks and that's running and in prime condition, so I hope you just misplaced the decimal point a few spots.

Michael Tutty
4,075

I agree with tennisshoes. For 2,450 you did okay. For 24,500, you got ripped off something FIERCE!

45,935

That's the best deal I ever heard of! Now click, that "best answer" thing.

mrmoony
1,920

Usually a big core charge for engine purchasing. Time to call the junk yard.

31,475

It really all depends on you and what you plan to do with the car. If you are really into these cars it could be a great find if your not into you might never get your money back. Your engine will cost anywhere from $1000 to $3000 depending on condition. Not including installation, turbos, intake, exhaust, ect. And what ever else you might find wrong with it. If it was me I would not get in a hurry to find an engine. Hunt a wrecked or parts car that you can get all the parts you might need for this project. According to what condition the engine was in would determine whether or not I would completely rebuild it or just drop it in the other car. These cars are great in my book but tend to be expensive to maintain with age. But I not planning to ever part with mine. Well other than passing along to my son when he starts driving. ( but he does know that when or if he gets tired of it I get it back).

supraboy95
20

imm sorry haha typo $500 i spent on the car

31,475

Oh that's great. No matter what you did great on that buy. Ready to sell?

supraboy95
20

Dude why would i sell my dream car? Unless you have a GREAT offer. No.

31,475

That's what I thought. Lol Keep us informed as to how your project is coming along. And as always we are here to help you if needed.