Does anyone know where I can obtain radio display bulbs for my 1996 3000 GT?

tommy1951
0

Asked by tommy1951 Nov 19, 2012 at 08:28 PM about the 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

The original cassette/stereo radio (Infinity amp/2 DIN) display backlight has finally given up the ghost.  Replaced the original bulbs with new 6.5 V bulbs that could fit the bulb holders, but the display is now very dim.  Apparently the original bulbs are a lower voltage.  I need to find the correct type bulbs that were identical to the originals, both in design and voltage to get the proper brightness.  I may be able to find the bulbs in a junked radio at a salvage yard, but the age of the bulbs would be a concern even if they still worked initially.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

DavidH25

Radio Shack is really good at finding obscure items like that. If you are lucky enough to get a clerk that will put a little effort in it. Or Google the manufacturer and get an address to write them a snail-mail letter.

DavidH25

Check this out tommy.........http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?221052-Infinity-ps12

tommy1951
0

Thanks for your responses. I will follow up with the leads you've provided, and let you know what I find.

DavidH25

please do